The cabin

I flew to the cabin.  My wings felt amazing. I've had wing injuries before and the first flights are normally a struggle because the wind moves different, feels different... but whatever Ferye healing power is, it healed all that too.  Remarkable because bloodbane is a particularly nasty poison for Illyrians ... it can cause clots in the microscopic vascular system of our wings which can cause the membrane to become necrotic.

I touched down and pounded on the cabin door, more forceful than I intended. I vanished my tired wings after the long flight. She opened the door. Her scent hit me first. She always had a hint of paint to her scent... like it never truly left her even if she hasn't painted in months, but paint... I smelled paint... beyond just her skin.  I stood there just absolutely enthralled with her, but frozen to the stoop. She had requested to be alone , yet, I needed to tell her everything... would she let me... did she even want to listen. I had not thought about what would happen when I got here... my only thought was to get to her the whole flight. She finally edged away and opened the door wide enough for me to walk through... how I remained standing my knees shook so much I don't think I'll ever know.

I walked into a kaleidoscope of color... I stood just mesmerized.  Ferye had painted every surface of the cabin. She took the cabin and made it her canvas... painted... I realized as I finally processed the individual images ... us.

"You painted us." I said with awe.
"I hope you don't mind."  She said simply. Mind, how could I ever mind. The cabin had always been my favorite place to escape to unwind, but now it was alive. It wasn't just a retreat anymore. It was a living work of art.  As I took in the drawings I noticed she didn't paint me. I asked her why and she explained.
"You flew here?" She asked finally .
"Mor wouldn't tell where you'd gone, and there are only so many places as secure as this one. Since I didn't want our hybern friends tracing me to you I had to do it the old fashioned way... it took... a while. " I'm sure she noticed the chill on my skin, and the tiredness in my body.
"You're better" she said, almost if buying herself time to think.
"Healed completely. Quickly considering the bloodbane." I should have been unable to fly for weeks, not just days  between the beating and poison.
"Thanks to you." I told her willing all the love I felt to color my voice.
" You must be hungry. I'll heat something up." She said and everything in my being screamed for joy.  I stood up to my full height. This movement would live between us for infinity. Then it dawned on me, she wasn't raised fae... did she know what she was doing. I felt like I was deflating slowly as I asked her.
" you'd ...make...me food?"
"Heat, I can't cook." She said plainly and turned towards the kitchen... my heart sang in jubilation.  She put some stew  on to the burner.Then turned to me with her endless curiosity. She read something on my face and her face dropped as she turned back to the stove.
" I don't know the rules, so you will need to explain them to me." I laughed inside ... she just confirmed what I thought... she had no idea she was formally accepting the bond. However, the bond still sang to her. She didn't know it but it did.  I had told her once there was one more story I needed to tell her. So I told her everything. The more the story poured out of me, the more the smell of the stew filled the air. My mouth salivated at that simple comforting smell wafting around the room. My stomach twisted like I had been starving for years.   I loosened a long held breath as the soup reached a boil. 
"I couldn't stop being around you, and loving you, and wanting you. I still can't stay away." I said. Giving her everything.

She ladled a filling portion of stew into the bowl I watched every step she made. Just one bowl... she stopped just before me. I wanted to reach her... but I kept still . Waiting. Wanting, hopping...

" you love me?" She questioned.

I nonned, I filled the bond with all my love, because I couldn't find the words to tell her how much I did in fact love her.
"Then eat."  She said and she placed the bowl before me.
It took every ounce of 500 years of refined education not to stick my entire face in the bowl and Lap it up like a ravenous wolf.  I took the spoon and filled it with that first bite.  The warm buttery flavor of  game mixed with carrots, potatoes and root veggies from the winter harvest  filled my pallet, it felt like its warm flavors were making love to my tongue. The warmth filled my body, as my soul wrapped around each bite. Finally my spoon scraped the last drop from the bowl. I had been so enthralled in the rapturous feelings of experiencing food from my mate I didn't realize that she had remained quite the entire time I ate.