Bio-my-ology

The day carried on at it's usual slow pace, all the way until Sage found herself in her last class. Biology.

Sage actually liked biology, she found it interesting that humans used science to explain all the things that fae's just thought was residual magic from the beginning of time.

The human perspective was fascinating to her, and it definitely helped that Sage was good at the subject. Obviously she'd already done human highschool once before during the 80s, so she already knew like half the curriculum, but she was happy to let the teachers think she was a genius or something.

Sage had lost Sun on the way to the class, somehow, which was odd as it was one of the classes they shared, but she didn't worry as Sun always found a way to make it on time.

Taking her seat, in-between where Sun would eventually sit and Eric, who was a dorky, slightly annoying but also alright kind of guy, Sage got her stuff out ready for the lesson.

Edward Cullen was the worst part of Biology, and he sat across the isle; one row in front and on a table for two, though no one dared to sit with him.

He was glaring at Sage, half in obviously irritation (maybe based on her lunchtime conversation?) and half in confusion.

She paid him no mind, he always looked at her weirdly. Sage didn't know why, but she knew that some Vampires had abilities, she always guessed Edward was trying to use his on her. To no apparent success.

The classroom continued to fill up as students arrived from across the small highschool, Sun arriving in the last possible minute before the class officially started.

The teacher waited to the class settled then began,  in a way that tried to engage the teens, about the different phases of a cells life.

Sage made notes even though she didnt need them, content in playing the dutiful student. Her attention was lost however, when the door opened fifteen minutes into the lesson and in walked Isabella Swan.

She looked terribly awkward with all the eyes on her, appologising to the teacher for being late as she went to hand him a piece of paper to sign. 

The next three seconds happened in slow motion for Sage, who watched on with a curious gaze.

Isabella crossed the front of the class room, passing the fan as she shuffled with her head down to the teacher.

The fan fluttered her brown hair as she passed, in an instant all Sage could smell was this scent, floral yet sweet, almost like vanilla.

And in the exact same second Edward Cullen went rigid at his desk. Sage watched his whole back tense as he griped the table with one hand and put another over his nose.

Damn. Is he like.... about to kill her?

Sage was sure that if she could see his eyes they'd be pitch black. Every nerve, every sense, every little drop of instinct inside the fairy was going haywire in the presence of a hungry Vampire. Her body itched to keep the humans seated, unsuspectingly, around them safe. She could practically feel her magic coming to the surface begging her to kill the threat.

If the situation hadn't of been so serious Sage probably would have found it funny. Poor Isabella was looking very confused as she made her way over to the Cullen boy, sniffing her hair self-consciously as she sat down. Edward made the biggest deal and moved to the very corner of the desk, as far as he could, away from the "meek" human.

However, the situation was rather serious. Sage could joke around all she wanted but a hungry vampire in a room full of humans was quite dangerous.

And if Edward caved and began to feed, the only way Sage would be able to stop him would be to kill him. Which felt like it would bring more problems than solve them.