Greenhouse, Gossip, Gaslighting Myself About My Emotions

Sage would never admit it out loud but she was actually looking forward to today. And that was because it wasn't school, school; it was field trip school. Meaning no real lessons just vibes.

And even more importantly it was field trip school with plants!

The back of the bus was obviously where they had congregated. Dahlia was pressed against the left window, half listening in to the conversation, half watching the town wiz by. Then next to her was Imogen, and then Sun, who was slurping down a monster can even though it was 8:35 am. Next to them was Iniya and then Sage. And pressed against the right window next to her, was Noah; who had fallen asleep, his head resting on Sage's shoulder.

"I didn't think Isabella would be back so quickly" pondered Iniya as she spotted Isabella's inky hair next to Angela near the front of the bus.

Imogen hummed in agreement. "Her head had looked pretty nasty".

"And her arm's still in a sling" continued Iniya, a frown on her face. "Do you reckon she still has a concussion?"

"Most definitely" replied Sun, stifling a burp as they finished their drink. "I needed that caffeine" they added on with a sigh.

"We should do something this weekend!" Said Sage, careful not to move incase of waking Noah.  "My mum said it's going to be sunny".

And Ceres was always right when it came to weather prediction — it was a fairy thing.

"We could go first beach?" Suggested Imogen with a smile. "Have a Bonfire, make a whole afternoon of it".

"Sounds sweet!" Agreed Sun easily.

"I can ask my mum to pack us a picnic" nodded Iniya; Sage could see the gears turning in her head and she had no doubt Iniya would convince her mum to pack them a feast.

"So Saturday?" Clarified Sun, stifling a yawn (like they hadn't just chugged a caffeinated nightmare)

The group hummed in unanimous agreement. It was settled.

***

Sage loved the greenhouses. It was warmer, full of plants and smelt like the earth. The teacher was droning on about plant structures somewhere up ahead but Sage would be damned if she learnt anything new about plants from a human, and a man at that.

Plants were fairy's territories and had been since the beginning— she didn't study at F.A.I.T.H. for a hundred years to not know her own domain inside and out.

Though she would admit the humans had an interesting perspective on plants and life in general — completely over complicated, but interesting, sorta.

"Oh come on 'Lia, don't look so bored" .

"I am bored" replied Dahlia with a straight face.

Sage huffed a laugh. "We're in a greenhouse surrounded by plants! How can you be bored!?"

Dahlia looked at her sister in all earnesty. After a moment she said "How did you get all the optimism and I was left a vat of pure loathing".

Sage shrugged.

Dahlia sighed, though the glint in her eyes was playful.

"You could always make your own fun?" Suggest Sage as she trailed her fingers across the plants as the sisters passed them by.

Dahlia raised and eyebrow, looking around for inspiration. After a moment she smirked. "Reckon I could convince Noah to drink that compost tea?"