Chapter 2

EDDIE'S POV
I still laying in my bed, thinking about the dream. Why would I dream kissing Steve? We've barely had any interaction. The thing is, the kiss felt so real and it felt good. His lips on mine, our mouths syncing together. My thoughts were interrupted when I heard knocking in the door. It was definitely Val. I grabbed my backpack and headed to open the door

"school starts in half an hour, but we can sit for a bit in the woods"

"sounds good" I said as a closed the door behind me.

"so?" she asked as we were headed towards the woods

I furrowed my eyebrows. "so what?"

"will you tell me now how was your dream"

I chuckled. She was never gonna drop it.

"Eddie"

"Val"

She gave me those puppy eyes. I was fucked, I can never resist those. She was serious about this then. She never uses the puppy eyes against me, unless necessary. Apparently my dream was a necessary moment for her puppy eyes.

"Tell me everything" she said as we found a table.

"I won't tell you all the details, " as we were sitting down. "Those are for me, but he was a really good kisser, at least in my dream"

"I need to know more"

I rolled my eyes and she chuckled. "it felt too real"

"maybe you like Harrington"

I starred at her. She can't be serious. "No"

"I'm serious. You're dreaming about him and just any type of dream, it was you making out with him"

I scoffed but realization hit me. All summer I've been avoiding this. "I think I know what it is"

Her eyes widen. "Go on"

"Val, I like guys"

She chuckled. "Yes I know"

"No, I just like guys. Not girls"

She was sitting down, looking at me, saying no words.

"You hate me now don't you. You hate the freak in front of you."

"Wait what? No. I don't hate you and stop calling yourself a freak. YOU'RE NOT"

"Why did you stayed quiet"

"I was processing, but I always had the feeling"

I was hesitant to ask this. "will this change things for us?"

She grabbed my hand and hold it. "Never. Eddie you are my best friend, nothing can change that. It doesn't matter if you like guys, girls, both, just one of them. I love you, how you are. I will forget that" shooting me a warm smile.

Her words warmed my heart. "I love you too," as I squeezed her hand. "I honestly thought you were gonna hate me and see me as a freak"

She stopped holding my hand and scoffed. "Seriously Edds? You think I will end our years of friendship because you're gay? SERIOUSLY. Look you know who I like, guy, girls, anything in between."

She was right and I just sat down there looking if my mom just scolded me.

She cleared her throat. "School starts in 10 minutes, let's go" as she started to stand up.

I nodded

"What if you kissed Steve again.?"

"My dream was a one time thing, and as if Steve would kiss me. That will never happen" I said chuckling.