6

She's doing her job as a sister

Harper sat a the bar at Hard Deck with her water, after Lana locked her out, to teach her a lesson. "A lesson... real mature Lana." She said as she took a sip of her water.

"Surprise to see you here Harper." She turned to see Hangman. "Not in the mood Seresin." She grumbled. "I see Lana took the Admiral's advice." Hangman said as he then took a seat next to Harper. She looked at him, "A admiral gave her that suggestion, that's fucking dangerous." Harper spatted. 

"No what you been doing to your sister has been awful, she had to do something, she too soft on you, we watch her, not knowing what to do, she feels like a bad sister." Hangman spatted back. They glared at each other. Harper sighed. 

"She needs to stop treating me like a kid." Harper said. "You need start treating your sister better." She turned to see Rooster, Payback and Coyote. "Everyday Kid, you are always striking her down, Hangman's right, you make her feel like a bad sister." Rooster said. "But ever since mom died she's..."  Harper said then Hangman interrupted.

"Protective?.... Harper....She's doing her job as a sister." Hangman said sternly. 

Harper looked ahead then she sighed. "Maybe I have been awful, I am just stressed about this dangerous mission she's going on." Harper mumbled loud enough for Hangman to hear her. "That's doesn't mean you treat her the way you have been." Hangman tells her.

Harper looked up at him. "You like my sister... don't you?" Harper questioned the man. Hangman looked at her. "Little too much... but yeah." Hangman said. Harper smiled. "Cocky asshole." Harper said.

Hangman shook his head at the teenager.

Harper looked at him sternly. "If you hurt my sister Seresin, I'll kick your ass... I mean it." Harper said. He smiled at her. "I won't." He tells her

............. 

Jake follows Harper to her house. They got out of their vehicles,  walked up to the front door. Harper sighed. Jake knocked on the door. "Lana! I found a trouble maker for ya!" Jake exclaimed. Harper rolled her eyes. 

Lana opened the door, she looked at Jake then at her sister. "We got to talk later, this man has questions that only you can answer." Harper said. She looked at Jake then back at her little sister. "Get int the house." Lana said sternly. Harper obeyed and Lana looked back at Jake. 

"I talked to her, so did Rooster. I think we talked some sense into her." Jake said. Lana chuckled a bit. "Now Seresin, what did you ask me?" She asked which caused his heart flip and flutter. "Well... how do you feel about me? I know I didn't mention much when we hung out, but your little sister read me like an open book. Lana I care for you so much, I love how you go out and beyond to protect the ones you love, I love your smile but most important every time I look into those gorgeous eyes of yours, I become lost and forget all my worries." Jake said. 

Lana smiled. "Gee Seresin, here I thought I would be the one confessing." Lana said. "You mean?" Jake asked and she nodded. "Then what are we then?" Jake then asked. "I know your mine, and I'm yours." Lana said. He smiled, "I like that Summers." He said which caused her to smile bit then she thought back from the phone call earlier.

"We have a tough day coming up." Lana said. "What do you mean?" Jake questioned her. "Admiral Kazansky, Iceman.... he passed away." Lana said. "Damn." Jake said.

.........

Lana looked at her little sister. She sighed. "Now do you get why I did that?" Lana questioned her and Harper nodded. "Believe me, I got my ass chewed by lover boy and chicken boy." Harper said which caused Lana to chuckle a bit. 

"I deserve that, Lana I am sorry. For how I treated you, I know this isn't excuse but I been scared." Harper said. Lana rose a brow and sat in front of her little sister. "Why are you scared Harper?" Lana said. "I'm scared that I am going to lose you.... I already lost mom, I don't think I could handle losing my older sister because if I lose you... I'll be alone.... that's my biggest fear.... being alone." Harper said as tears began to flow down her cheeks.

Lana sighed. "I forgive you... but no more of this, you can talk to me... to be fair, I am scared of that I won't make it back home to you, but for now on, Conversation... because what we have been doing was some petty bullshit, no more of that." Lana said. 

"So, how has everything been going?" Harper asked. "With Lover boy or Training?" Lana asked with a brow rose. "Training you goose, nothing about your love life but please use protection, I would love to be aunt, but not quite yet." Harper said. "First off, we just became official... so none of that." Lana said. "Yet." Harper said with her brow rose. "Fuck off." Lana said which caused Harper to giggle.

"Training... going well but I hope we are ready when the day comes." Lana said. "Maverick is your teacher?" Harper questioned. "How did you..." Lana said. "Penny, besides he and penny are something... he's been over quite a bit." Harper said. "What?" Lana questioned. "You haven't heard, they have a past." Harper said. "Goodness you need to stay out of people's business and get a hobby." Lana said. Harper giggled, "Don't worry, When I join the navy... I will be busy." Harper said which caused Lana to smile. "Well.." Lana said and Harper looked at her. "Your very much set in following my footsteps." Lana said and Harper nodded. "Well that makes proud." Lana said and Harper smile.

Harper's stomach growled and Lana rose a brow. "Hungry?" Lana questioned her. "Yeah.... I was too pissed off to eat." Harper said and Lana giggled. "and I still cannot believe you took an Admiral's advice." Harper said as she pointed at her sister.

"It worked didn't it?" Lana questioned. "Guess so..." Harper said and Lana chuckled. "Well then let's eat then." Lana said as she went to the kitchen and Harper followed.

......................