10

No turning back now

"Dagger 1, up and ready at catapult one." River announced.

"Dagger spare, standing by." Hangman announces.

"Dagger 4, up and ready."

"Dagger 3, up and ready."

"Dagger 2, up and ready."

River's engine roared, she signaled the crew as she was ready for take off. Then she took off and went off quick, flew up. She looked straight ahead moment then turned to look at the sky. "Goodness." River mumbled

"Dagger 2 away." The woman called out as Cyclone, Warlock , Maverick and Harper along with Hondo stared at the screen. Harper let out a shaky breath and Maverick patted her on the shoulder. "Dagger 3 away." ... "Dagger 4 away."

River looked straight ahead, her nerves were going through the roof at this moment but she knew they all got this. "Comanche, Dagger 1, standby check in?" River called out. She listened closely, "Copy, Daggers descending below radar." River responded as she began to descend her plane as the others followed. She looked back both directions then she looked forward again.

"Daggers now below radar, switching to E2 picture." Harper's mind was all over the place.

"Here we go, enemy territory up ahead out sixty seconds, Dagger 1." River said. "The decision is yours." A woman the radio talked. "Copy." River said as she took a moment, she then looked at Rooster then ahead. "Dagger attack." River responded.

"Tomahawks airborne." "No turning back now." Warlock commented.

River took a shaky breath and then shook her head. "Daggers, assume final formation." River called out as she pulled ahead while Bob and Phoenix pulled in behind her, then Rooster got behind them as Payback and Fanboy got behind Rooster. "Holy shit this happening." River muttered. "Daggers set proceeding to target, two minutes and thirty seconds... three... two...  one.. mark." River called out. "Two mark." "Three mark." "Four mark."

Hondo looked at his pocket watch. Harper sighed. "Please let her come home safe, please." She mumbled

"Going in." River said. River looked up and saw them. "First SAM sight overhead." River told everyone. "Looks like we are clear on radar, River." Phoenix said to her. "Let's not take it for granted." River responded. "More SAMS."

"We got two minutes to target." Bob called out. "Copy, we're a few seconds behind, Rooster we gotta move." Payback called out to Rooster.When River didn't hear Rooster respond, her heart dropped. "Come on Rooster." Harper mumbled.

"30 seconds to tomahawk impact on enemy airstrip." Someone called out. "Dagger and commander, we are picking up two bandits." "Damn it." River muttered. "Where the hell they come from?" Cyclone asked. "They're heading away from us, they don't know we're here." Rooster thinks out loud.

"The second those tomahawks hit their base, they're gonna move to defend their target. We've got to get there before they do, increase speed." River calls out, she didn't want to risk intercepting with those bandits.

"I've got you, River, Don't wait for me." Phoenix states. "Impact. Enemy runway is destroyed." River bit her lip then let out a shaky breath, They know their coming now. "Bandits are switching course to defend the target."

"Rooster, where are you?" River asked. "Come on, Rooster! Bandits inbound, we gotta make up time now!" Payback exclaimed which alarmed River, their farther away then she thought. "Shit." River muttered then she saw the bridge. "Hey, Phoenix, heads up!" She warned as she comes to close to the narrow bridge. Phantom rotated 90 degrees and fit perfectly though it.