**~3- Max Verstappen~**

**word count: 606

** Y/N's gender: nonbinary (they/them)

** Type: fluff

☆𝕐/ℕ'𝕤 ℙ𝕠𝕧☆

It was the last race of the 2021 season, in Abu Dhabi, I sat on a chair at the back of the garage, waiting for max, my childhood bestfriend, to get in his car.

A few minutes later, the race started, I myself was overwhelmed by thousands of emotions and feelings, think about Max, him fighting his ass off to win this championship, just imagine what was he feeling there in the car.

it was near the final laps of the race, and latifi crashed, causing a safety car, Lewis on pole, max on second, and a few Iapped cars between them. I could sense all the strong emotions everyone was feeling, as a cursed silence fell over the whole paddock. Finally, when the green flag was shown, Max started pushing, trying to overtake Lewis, suddenly, I lost control over my own body,and started shouting 'go Max!  and 'you can do it, come on!' 

On the final lap, Max was on pole, getting closer and closer to the finish line, we all started screaming and jumping,some of us, even crying of joy, as Max won the grand prix, and won the championship. I could tell that all the hard work the whole team did, was finally paying off, after years.

After the podium celebration, Max came to me with a weird look in his eyes. 'y/n, we need to talk.' and with that, I followed him to his room. He closed the door, and I sat on his bed. 'y/n, I know it might sound really weird but, I love you..'  when I heard those three words, my eyes widened 'not only because I've known you for so long and I care about you,  but also because, You're the most beautiful, funny and charming person I've ever seen in my life... I'm in love with you, y/n...' I was shocked, not only because he just confessed his love for me, but also because I love him back, I was speechIess, and my legs were jelly. Max, seeing  me, he got it wrong and said 'it's ok, I understand- ' my body moved on its own, got up, ran to him and kissed him. He kissed me back, and after around 7 seconds I pulled away 'don't get me wrong, I love you too, I was just shocked.' he then looked at me and broke the silence 'then, will you be my lover?' I responded 'well, I would't mind'

** 𝕋𝕚𝕞𝕖 𝕤𝕜𝕚𝕡**- a few days

when we arrived back at our shared apartament in monaco, instead of staying in my room or on the couch, I went to Max's room, curious of what he was doing, i knocked on his door lightly, then entered, just to see a sleepy Max relaxing on his bed. I decided to go and lay down next to him. When he sensed my presence next to him he turned to face me and grabbed me in his arms, a few seconds later i hugged him back, and we both fell asleep.

A couple of hours later, i woke up feeling two eyes softly watching me 'well, look who woke up' he said, 'oh shut up' i responded, i was feeling weird, when i take short naps i usually wake up feeling grumpy and tired, but this time i actually felt like i actually slept well, and felt full of energy.

The rest of the day, we just cuddled on the couch watching different movies and laughing at memes on twitter

Hiiii, A/N here, hope you enjoyed reading this oneshot,  i'd really apreciate if you'd also read my future oneshots! :) tyyy <3