| pretty boy |

you sat in front your mirror, finishing applying your makeup. steve was standing in your doorway, his eyes never leaving your face. you began putting on your eyeliner, carefully as not to smudge it. once you had finished, you sat your eyeliner on your desk. steve walked up behind you and looked at you in the mirror. "you look gorgeous." he said, kissing your cheek. "with and without makeup." he added. you smiled and stood up. steve looked at your eyes. "what?" you asked. "i just don't understand how you do all that and it doesn't get smudged." he said. you laughed. "plus, it looks so cool." you smiled and picked your eyeliner.

"i thought you were finished?" he said. "i am." you replied. you took a step closer to steve, making him confused. "y/n, what're you doing?" he asked, moving his head back slightly. you took ahold of his face and pulled him towards you. "just trust me." you said. he furrowed his eyebrows. "relax your face." you told him and he did. you smiled and moved the eyeliner towards his eyes. you carefully applied it, taking your time to make it look perfect. you pulled away from him and studied your masterpiece. you nodded your head in approval and handed him a mirror. "look at how cool you look!" you complimented him. he laughed and shook his head. "it does look pretty good." he admitted. "i know, i'm amazing at doing eyeliner." you joked. he continued to look into the mirror. you grabbed it out of his hand. "okay, don't get too big headed." you said. he laughed again.

you heard a noise coming from downstairs. it was the sound of a door opening and closing. you looked at steve and he looked at you. he looked around for something to protect you both with. he picked up a metal bottle that was beside your bed and walked cautiously out of your room, you were close behind him. you both walked downstairs and steve clutched the bottle tighter, beginning to raise it into the air like a bat. he walked into the living room only to find it empty. he looked back at you, confused, before turning back. when he turned back there was a figure in front of him. this made him yell and lift the bottle up again. he was going to swing it but stopped when he saw who was in front of him. "henderson, what the hell?!" steve shouted at dustin, running a hand through his hair. you looked over steve's shoulder and saw dustin with his brows furrowed. "you were going to attack me?!" he yelled back. "you practically broke in!" steve said, throwing his arm around while he spoke. dustin was about to yell at him again but stopped himself and smiled.

"holy shit, are you wearing eyeliner?" he asked, pointing to steve's face. "what?" steve asked. "holy shit, you are!" he laughed, lifting his hand up to try and wipe it off. steve backed away. "that's not important, why did you break in?" he asked. "okay, i didn't break in, the door was unlocked." dustin said, trying to defend himself. "that's still no excuse." steve told him, crossing his arms. "girls, girls, put the claws away." you said, pushing past steve and walking into the living room. "dustin, why are you here?" you asked him. "i was supposed to be hanging out with mike but the asshole cancelled to hang out with el!" he explained. "and why didn't you just go home?" "my mom's working and i lost my house key." you shook your head. "well, you can't stay here, we're going out." steve told him. you turned to look at him. "we can't just leave him, steve." steve looked at you. you turned back and looked at dustin. "we'll just stay in, look after you." you heard steve groan. "what?" you asked. "i'm always the goddamn babysitter." he complained. you rolled your eyes.

"just make yourself comfortable dustin." you told him. he smiled smugly at steve before plopping himself down on your couch. steve shook his head. "come on." you said, grabbing his arm and pulled him upstairs. you pulled him into your room. "we're seriously staying in to look after dustin?" steve asked. "i can hear you!" dustin shouted from downstairs. steve groaned and closed the door. "yes, we are. stop complaining, steve." you warned him. he rolled his eyes and crossed his arms. "also, you should totally wear eyeliner more often." you told him. he tilted his head to the side slightly, smiling at you. "oh yeah?" he asked. "yeah. in fact, you should wear it everyday." you said, moving closer to him. "maybe i will." he smirked at you and wrapped his arms around your waist. you wrapped your arms around his neck, leaning in towards him. your faces were mere inches apart. you could feel his breath against your lips. you leaned forward, closing the distance between you and pressing your lips to his. he smirked into the kiss, moving his hands up and down your back as your hands made their way into his hair, running your fingers through it. you pulled back after a minute, resting your forehead on his as you tried to catch your breath.

the room was silent, apart from the sound of your and steve's breathing. a voice from downstairs broke the silence between you though. "y/n! your tv isn't working!" dustin yelled. you laughed but steve shook his head. you gave him another quick kiss before opening your door and walking downstairs. "what do you mean it isn't working?" you asked, walking over to the tv. "it isn't working." dustin repeated. you played around with the antennas and hit the side of the tv before it began to play. "there, working now." you said, walking over to the couch and sitting beside dustin. steve walked into the living room a few minutes later, sitting in the middle of you and dustin. you moved up, giving him more space and placed your head on his shoulder. he wrapped his arm around you before kissing the top of your head. dustin looked over at the two of you with a disgusted look on his face. "i'm right here, y'know?" he said. steve laughed and grabbed dustins cap off of his head. "give me my hat, asshole." dustin said. "you want it? go fetch." steve said, throwing it halfway across the room. dustin groaned and walked away to pick his hat up.

"you're seriously so annoying, you know that?" dustin told steve. "oh really, i'm annoying?" he asked, mimicking dustins voice. "yeah, you are. and mimicking me, what're you, five?" he asked. "seriously? you're the one who still wears baseball caps." steve said. "you're the one wearing eyeliner." dustin replied. "hey, i look amazing." steve told him. "yeah, he looks fantastic." you piped up. "see?" steve said. "that's not fair. it's 2v1." he complained. steve laughed and shook his head. "just shut up and watch the movie, henderson." he told him. the three of you watched movies all night, steve occasionally kissing you just to annoy dustin. you and steve took dustin home when his mom came home from work before returning back to your house and sitting back on the couch and continuing to watch movies all night.

————————————————————
1229 words