| summer lovin' |

you tapped your fingers against the steering wheel of your car as you drove to school, your best friend, robin buckley sitting beside you in the passenger seat. "okay, but at least tell me his name!" she pleaded, looking at you with puppy dog eyes. you chuckled and looked over at her, shaking your head. "no, robin. and don't look at me like that, i can't say no when you look at me like that." you told her, reaching over and jokingly pushing her face away. she laughed. "why won't you tell me his name?" she whined. "scared i'll find out who he is?" you shook your head again. "i can't remember his name." you lied, your grip getting firmer on the wheel. that was a huge lie. you were screaming this boys name practically all of your summer break. "fine, tell me what he looks like? or can you not remember that either?" robin asked. you rolled your eyes. you definitely remembered what he looked like. the image of him was practically melted into your mind. his styled brown hair, gorgeous brown eyes and his toned body. yup, definitely still melted into your mind. you were snapped out of your thoughts when robin snapped her fingers in your face. "y/n! pay attention!" she exclaimed. you shook your head slightly. "sorry, sorry. what were you saying?" you asked.

steve walked around the hawkins high parking lot with his ex-girlfriend-turned-sorta-best-friend, nancy wheeler. "so, what was she like?" nancy asked, looking up at the brown haired boy. steve shrugged his bag strap onto his shoulder. he mentally cringed at the question. even though they were friends, it felt weird to talk to his ex-girlfriend about a fling he had over the summer break. nancy noticed the crease in his forehead and playfully hit his arm. "we're friends, steve. tell me about the girl." she encouraged. steve let out a small chuckle and shook his head. "i don't know what you want me to say. it was summer, it was a fling. that's all." he told her. nancy raised her eyebrows and looked at him, obviously not believing there was nothing to tell. "you think i'm buying that?" she asked. steve rolled her eyes. "it's the truth." he lied. "it was just a fling." wrong. flings don't take each other out every night, even the nights when they didn't sleep together before or after. flings don't feel upset when summer ends, meaning the relationship also ends. flings don't think about what the other is up to after summer. steve shook his head to snap him out of his thoughts. "-better tell me." steve heard nancy say. he must've blocked out her ramble. he simply just nodded and smiled as they continued to walk into the school.

you parked in the hawkins high parking lot and got out of the car as robin rushed over to your side. she excitedly grabbed your hand and smiled wide, jumping up and down slightly as she held your hand. "well, your first day at hawkins high! trust me, it's way better than that snobby school you transferred from." she stated. you laughed at her enthusiasm. "i'm so glad you're here now!" she exclaimed. you laughed again. "come on, show me to my locker." you told her and robin was quick to follow your instructions, pulling you behind her as she ran into the school. she dragged you down the halls, making you bump into a bunch of students, a wave of muttered apologies leaving your mouth as you bumped into the other students. one specific boy caught your attention. you caught a whiff of his cologne as robin dragged you, a familiar smelling cologne. when you turned to face him and apologise, another student was in your line of vision. you tried to move your head to see the boy that caught your attention but robin was too busy dragging you behind her.

steve tried to find the girl that had bumped into him in the sea of students, raising his head high and looking around. he never saw her though. "do you know who that was?" he asked nancy. nancy furrowed her eyebrows as she thought. "i think her names robin? she's in band, plays the flute or trumpet or trombone or something?" she could not sound less interested if she tried. steve shook his head quickly. "not robin, the other girl. the one that bumped into me." he clarified. nancy shrugged. "i'm sure it was just an accident, steve. no need to go all psycho on her for bumping into you." she said. steve rolled his eyes. "i'm not mad she bumped into me. i swear i recognise her." he replied. nancy shrugged again. "nope, don't know her." she said, pushing through the crowd of students in the hall. steve staggered behind her as he thought, still trying to figure out where he knew this girl from.