| friends first |

*this was requested by LamarAbourasLarry thank you for request!*
——————————————————————————

you sat on the couch in your best friend, steve harrington's, very large living room with your legs thrown over his knees as he sat cross legged. the six teens sat on the floor. eleven and max were sitting away from the boys with their legs crossed, flicking through the wonder woman comics max brought. dustin was gushing about his camp girlfriend to mike, will and lucas but really, will was the only one that was interested and listening. mike was complaining about how el was acting weird towards him and lucas was giving him advice on how to try and win her back. you listened into their conversation whilst steve flicked through the tv channels.

steve looked over at the clock that was hanging on the wall. "hey, mike, is nancy home?" he asked. mike scrunched his face up and shrugged. "i don't know, probably. why?" mike asked, still concentrating on el. steve shook his head. "doesn't matter." he replied. "might go over and talk to her." you heard steve mutter under his breath. you rolled your eyes and let out a groan, catching steve's attention. "what're you groaning about?" he asked, playfully shoving your ankle off his leg. "you're obsession with nancy wheeler." you responded, placing your ankle on his leg. steve furrowed his eyebrows. "i am not obsessed with nancy." he scoffed. you raised your eyebrows. "sure you're not." you shook your head. "what? i'm not." steve insisted. "you are." you said. "what is your problem with nancy?" steve asked. you moved your legs off of steve's. "she broke your heart and yet you're still so obsessed with her." your argument caught the teens attention, all six of them sitting facing you two on the couch. "my love life is none of your concern, y/n." steve scoffed. "we're friends, steve. i care about you!" you argued. steve rolled his eyes. "if really did care about me, you would give up this full thing!" steve snapped. "fine!" you yelled back, getting up off the couch and walking upstairs.

you walked to one of the guest bedrooms and sat on the edge of the bed. you tapped your foot on the carpeted floor. "give it up. he's so obsessed with her, it's creepy." you mumbled to yourself. there was silence for a few minutes. you jumped when you heard a knock on the door. stood in the doorway was el, max and will. "hi." el spoke up, walking into the room and sitting on the bed beside you. she began playing around with the cover of the bed. max and will walked in after her. max stood in front of you. "you were so right down there. he's totally obsessed with her. it's like, stalker territory." she said, crossing her arms. el nodded beside you. "stalker." she repeated. "maybe he just likes her." will said. "but it is a lot." he added. "where's the rest of you?" you asked. "downstairs. said they're planning something for you." max admitted. "totally planning something." eleven said, nodding as she spoke. "that's what they were doing before you and steve started arguing. dustin wanted to show you something he made at camp." max explained. "what is it exactly?" you asked, confused on what they were talking about. max shrugged. "he wouldn't tell us. just wanted to show you something he made." she said. will and el nodded along. you furrowed your eyebrows. "just come with us. check if he's ready and you don't have to see steve. he's... in his room." will told you. it didn't sound truthful. to be honest, none of it did but you went along with it anyway. "okay?"

you said, as you walked out of the room. you saw that the door to steve's room was closed. you walked over to it and knocked gently before trying to open it. it was as if something was against it, stopping it from opening. "he's mad." el said from behind you. "he won't open the door." she added. you swear you could see a little drop of blood fall from her nose but max was quick to step in front of her and usher you to continue walking.

you continued downstairs as max, el and will followed behind you. you saw dustin, mike and lucas in the living room hunched over with their arms over each other's backs, their heads all close together in their little circle. max cleared her throat which made the boys shoot up, mike and lucas bumping heads in the process. "y/n!" dustin exclaimed. "i wanted to show you this super cool device i made at camp! steve thinks it's nerdy but who needs him, right?" dustin said as he practically pushed you further into he living room. "dustin, what're you doing?" you asked as he finally stepped back. steve stood in front of you, arms crossed with an unimpressed look on his face. "you two are going to talk like adults!" he explained. "and cornering us into my living room is a responsible way to get us to talk to each other?" steve questioned. "wha- i- yeah! i didn't have a lot of time to think. you two are going to stay here until you resolve your little problem!" before you could ask anymore questions, dustin and the rest of the group had ran off. you walked to the door and tried to open it but couldn't. it felt the same way that steve's bedroom door felt upstairs.