| realisation |

steve burst into your room and threw himself down on your bed, sighing deeply. you looked down at him in confusion. "you okay?" you asked as he moved his way between your legs, flipping over to lay on his stomach, wrapping his arms around your waist and placing his forehead on your stomach. you chuckled and shook your head, running your hands through his hair. "steve? everything okay?" you asked again. you heard him groan. "i hate working at that stupid ice cream place." he mumbled. you laughed and he looked up at you, pouting slightly with his eyebrows furrowed. "sorry." you said, clearing your throat. "what's so bad about scoops?" he raised his eyebrows and scoffed. "the question should be what's not so bad about scoops." he said, laying his head back on your stomach. "come on, what happened?" you asked. he looked up at you once again and began to rant about his day at work.

"oh, and don't even get me started on sinclair's sister." he groaned, covering his face with his hands. "you've got beef with a ten year old?" you jokingly asked. steve removed his hands from his face and looked at you seriously. "it isn't funny. everyday she comes in and asks for a taster of ever single flavour. every. single. day." he said. "sounds horrible." you said, stifling a laugh. "hey, it isn't funny!" he repeated. you tried to fight back the smile that was creeping onto your face as you imagined steve in the sailors outfit, losing his patience with a ten year old in an ice cream store. the smile appeared on your face, making steve look up at you. he opened his mouth to say something but you shook your head. "i know, i know, it's not funny." you said before he could. "but it is a little. i mean, a ten year old is making your life a living hell." you burst out laughing, making steve roll his eyes and groan.

you shook your head, still laughing. "i'm sorry, i'm sorry. it's just so funny." you laughed. a smile slowly crept onto his face. he loved seeing you smile, he loved hearing your laugh. this is when it hit him. he loved everything about you. he loved every little thing. he loved your appearance, your personality, your laugh, your smile, you. he loved you. your laughter was the only thing he could hear. his eyes were still fixated on your face, his smile only growing wider and wider. he looked at you in adoration as you continued to laugh. you were saying something about how funny the whole scenario was but steve wasn't listening. he was just admiring your face as you spoke. you looked at him. "steve? are you in there?" you asked, clicking your fingers and waving your hand in front of his face.

he snapped out of his trance when he finally heard you. he smiled at you once again. "yeah, yeah." he said. "you looked lost in thought." you stated. "what were you thinking about?" you asked. "you." he replied. "that is so cheesy." you joked. steve laughed. "i'm serious. i realised something." he said. you were curious. "what did you realise?" steve took a breath before his smile returned. "i realised that... i love you." he told you. your eyes widened a little in surprise. you didn't except him to say it first. your cheeks turned a slight pinkish colour and you smiled. "i love you too." steve grinned wider than humanly possible and leaned up towards you, unwrapping his arms from your waist and placing his hands on your cheeks. he smirked before leaning down and pressing his lips to yours in a passionate yet gentle kiss. you smiled into the kiss and wrapped your arms around his torso, pulling him closer to you.

it wasn't long until the kiss got more and more intense. steve began trailing kisses from your lips onto your cheeks and down to your neck. your hands instinctively went to his hair, gripping onto it. "steve." you breathed out. you felt him smile against your neck before he quickly got up. you looked at him and furrowed your eyebrows. you watched him as he walked towards your room door and closed it before walking back overt to you on the bed. let's just say, he definitely showed you how much he loved you that night.

—————————-
737 words