Chapter VII - Magical Methods

-Arlett-

"So, ready for the only part of this night I had planned?" Miki asks with a much lighter mood than earlier in the night. Arlett, having caught her breath from the events of the dream, is sitting in the grass as her patron stands up and explains. "Of course, master, I always look forward to it!" She responds enthusiastically. Miki starts floating in place, her tail swaying about playfully, announcing "I wanted to show you a certain ability of mine. It's nothing much, but it should be really helpful with your upcoming encounters." She sticks a finger to the sky, as a glass ball starts floating where she points. Arlett, cautiously excited, smiles as she watches the ball.

"Look at the ball, okay?" Miki requests as she moves from her spot in the air. The glass orb stays where it is, even as the demon floats away. Arlett watches it intensely, as her master sits in the grass beside her. "What do you see?" Miki asks. Arlett responds with as much information as she can, "You pointed a finger up, creating the glass ball, then you came over here and it stayed in place." Miki snickers, "Observant, aren't we? Well what I'm about to give you should make your time a whole lot easier. Keep watching the ball."

The demon shuffles over towards Arlett, gently pressing her hand on the mark on her servant's neck. "Draw out some magic, and move it with my hand, okay Ari?" Miki instructs. Arlett nods, relaxing her eyes to help her focus. Miki's hand and magic flow together, up the neck and to the temple, then over Arlett's eyes. "Look at the ball again, darling." Miki asks, removing her hands from the warlock. Opening her eyes, Arlett tilts her head and leans in, as much curiosity as ever. "It's glowing purple!"

Miki giggles, flying back to the ball, "Now, come grab it, see what happens!" Arlett stands, and reaches for the glass orb before her, only for her hand to pass through it. "An illusion? The ability is an illusion detector?" Arlett thinks aloud to her patron. "Not only that, darling!" Miki starts, "Take a look at my hand." The demon holds up her hand, open and palm facing her warlock. Arlett looks to see a red glow, brighter red than Miki's magic tends to be. "It's glowing red, so does that mean something else?" Arlett asks, a hint of amazement in her voice. Miki nods, grinning more than before, "It means a buildup of energy, like with the blast of power I taught you on night one."

Nodding in understanding, it takes the warlock a moment to connect the dots. Arlett's eyes widen as she hastily jumps to her patron's side, out of the way of whatever blast of energy is about to emerge. Sure enough, a hum starts to sound as a beam of pure magical power rushes from Miki's hand. A beam not unlike the one Arlett used the night prior, but the demon's is on a whole other level. To be standing as nearby as she was felt like the beam engulfed her, despite not making contact. Dropping her arm loosely, Miki starts explaining with no regard for the feat of power she displayed, "Red glow means energy. Could be harmless, could be healing, usually wants to kill you though."

Arlett's jaw dropped at the being before her, seeing Miki use destructive magic for the first time really put perspective into her own abilities. Without a doubt, Arlett knew now better than ever, she could never hope to hurt her master. To try would be a death wish for anyone in this world. "Oh that?" Miki starts, having read her servant's very clear expression of awe, "That's nothing to get shocked at. Just a basic burst of magic, as simple as it was for you." A moment passes before the warlock can conjure up more questions, but she does nonetheless, "What other colours will I see, master?" Miki begins counting on her fingers as she recounts the full list, "red for energies, purple for illusion, orange for protection, green for creation, sky blue for divination," she switches to her other hand, "aqua blue for alteration, yellow for mind manipulation, and black for life manipulation. You'll memorize it eventually, don't rush it."

Arlett runs through the list in a mumble, looking to Miki as she recalls the list to herself. "So, the ice armour would glow orange?" Arlett asks her patron. Miki nods, "That's right, darling. And if you could look at yourself while you used this magic, your eyes would glow a sky blue. See?" The demon's eyes glaze over with scarlet for a brief moment, as her eyes start to emit a bright sky blue glow. "Are you using the spell too, master?" Arlett wonders aloud, staring with her usual curiosity filling her voice. Miki giggles to herself, waves her hand to dismiss the illusory orb, nodding as she responds, "I am, it's quite a useful ability. Illusions become virtually useless against it, and it can help you see through the tactics of the enemy."