Chapter 10: Call me Chris

[Eleanor]

I sat on the comfortable passenger seat of Harrington's car, staring outside as he drove to the destination he had in mind. I didn't ask him where. I simply didn't have the energy to ask or argue with him. So I decided to trust him.

I had held his warm jacket tighter around me, unconsciously inhaling deeper to smell more of his good-smelling expensive cologne. He was fast to wrap it around me again when I got out of the club's backdoor, clad in a t-shirt, jeans, and a thin jacket on top.

To say I was shocked by his new behavior toward me was an underestimate. Maybe he was not that heartless after all. But what had shocked me more was how much I felt safe around this new Harrington. The moment he hugged me to his chest it was as if a great wave of relief had washed over me and I could finally breathe better after long as if everything was going to be fine.

"We are here." said Harrington softly as he pulled over and parked the car. I looked outside and my mouth gaped at the sight of the beautiful building of the hotel in front of me. And not any hotel. The name Harrington Hotel was shining brightly at top of the sliding front doors.

I looked at Harrington beside me confused. "Here is for my brother." he explained with a hint of pride laced with his tone. "The other day, he was mentioning that they were hiring waiters for the hotel's restaurant. I'm sure based on your work experience he will hire you. Besides, we can use a bit of favoritism here."

He gave me a lopsided smile before winking and getting out of the car. We began to walk toward the sliding front doors.

"Here." I gently put my hand on his arm, trying to gain his attention to give back his jacket. I watched him confused as he jumped slightly at my touch and looked at my hand on his arm shocked.

I blushed a bit and pulled away my hand before clearing my throat and he looked up into my eyes. "Thank you for the jacket." I said with a weak smile.

He gulped and took his jacket slowly and nodded. I nodded back and began to walk ahead of him, but this time, he grabbed my arm gently and stopped me.

"Eleanor." he called and I looked up at him. God, I loved the way my name was rolling off of his tongue. It sounded ten times more beautiful.

"Don't be nervous." he said while staring into my eyes with his beautiful jade eyes. "My brother is a good man. Nowhere like the asshole who I am"

[Chris]

I watched satisfied as the nervousness in her eyes faded away and her shoulders relaxed visibly. "Let's go now." I said and walked toward the front doors once she nodded her head. I hardly controlled myself to not take her small hand in mine again.

I didn't know what the fuck was wrong with me. I just know that I had this deep desire to hold her hand after the time I held her hands while kneeling in front of her. It just felt too right to have her small hand in mine. It just fitted well with mine.

I watched from the corner of my eyes that Eleanor began to look around her in awe when we walked past the sliding doors and into the shiny and crowded lobby. People and workers were walking around, carrying suitcases or stuff or waiting for or getting out of the elevators.

This time I didn't hold myself back and gently grabbed Eleanor's hand and tugged her toward a corridor at the end of the hall. "This way." I said softly. "There is a private elevator for staff and managers at the end of that corridor."

She nodded and held my hand a bit tighter as if she was afraid of losing me. Something inside of me purred in delight as she scooted closer to my side while looking around a bit lost. I grabbed her hand tighter, trying to fill her with a bit of comfort as we walked into the corridor.