Chapter 17: To the park!

[Eleanor]

Finally, It was Saturday and finally, I was home after my shift and I could spend some time for myself. It was really refreshing. Even if it was only for that weekend and I would find another part-time job from next week. 

Daisy was overjoyed when she saw me home and I told her that I won't go to work until tomorrow morning. She practically screamed when I told her that I will take her to the park that afternoon and ran all over the house before Liam finally grabbed her and brought her to the kitchen on his shoulder. 

Liam was happy too. Shyly he had asked if he could go to a game club his friends were going to, with the money he had saved from his work.

Of course, I was fast to erase any hesitance from his mind. He was feeling guilty to spend money on something like a game club when we were saving any penny for mother's surgery. But he was only 13 and that was the most normal thing to go out with his friends to a game club and have fun. 

He had only gone out with his friends a few times in the last four months because he didn't have the money to spend or should have taken care of Daisy while I was gone. The excitement was dripping down from his eyes when I ordered him that he should go.

Ethan also came to my house to help me with the chemistry exam we had on Monday. His undeniable charms and his warm smile caused Daisy to accept him almost instantly. Liam too shook a brotherly hand with Ethan when I told him about how much Ethan had helped me.

It was half past four in the afternoon. Liam was in his room getting ready to go out to the game club. Ethan, Daisy, and I were in the kitchen sitting at the table. Ethan and I were studying while Daisy was drawing and humming to herself.

I was trying to concentrate on what Ethan was telling me and on the problem I was solving. But half of my mind was always occupied by a certain boy with jade green eyes. 

I sighed while I put my hand under my chin and finally let my mind excitedly daydreaming. I had not seen him so much yesterday and had not seen him today at all. Yesterday I had only seen him on the field, accompanying his teammates, although he couldn't fully practice himself.

I must admit, he looked so handsome in his football gear. His face was stern with a deep frown plastered on his face. His jaw was clenched and his hair was tousled, making him drool-worthy really while he had stood on the side of the field, shouting at his team as their captain.

It was evident from his actions how much he loved football. His passion for the sport was evident in his determined eyes and his hard work. And I couldn't stop myself from admiring him for everything at that moment.

He was admired by his teammates too and was someone they would look upon to. There was no doubt that our team was one of the strongest not only in the city but also in the state and without a doubt Chris was the key asset and our star. 

Yesterday, our school had a match with another school for the state tournament. It was so important competition, especially for those in their last year who were seeking scholarships for good colleges. So that was why our team was practicing so hard.

But not having their captain had a certain effect on them. We lost the game. Everyone was so sad. I wasn't able to go and watch the game and support the team like most of our students. I never had gone in fact. But I had texted Mia to ask about the result and she made sure to send enough crying and angry emojis for me so I know that we have lost.

Chris was so deep in thought and so tense last night when he came to pick me up. I was so happy that he relaxed a bit and kept me in his arms for a few more seconds when I greeted him in the lobby or when I kissed his cheek goodbye. I was so happy and proud of the effect I had on him.