Chapter 22: To heal past wounds

[Eleanor]

I had been waiting in front of the AP Calculus class waiting for Mia. A minute ago she had texted me to meet her here. I was standing there awkwardly as students were passing by me, still glancing and whispering at seeing me. 

Ethan was sick and was not able to come to school for a few days. So I was deprived of his protective presence as well.

Couldn't they mind their own business??

I sighed and stared at my shoes, trying to distract myself from all of the unwanted attention I was receiving. My mind quickly and quite happily got drowned in the memories of last night and heat rushed up from my neck to my face and my heartbeat quickened.

I bit my lip as I remembered the moment Chris and I had fallen on my bed with me under him. The way his jade eyes turned darker as he was staring down at me with desire. The way my own traitorous body was reacting to him, burning for him to touch me.

I groaned and hide my face in my hands embarrassed as I recalled how much I wanted him to kiss me. God! What was happening to me? I never had felt this way before. Who was I kidding? I never even had my first kiss yet.

Was he really wanting to kiss me as well? Or was it just my wild imagination? 

Why didn't he kiss me?

Goodness me! What was happening to me??? 

I then remembered the way I fell asleep beside him. I couldn't help to not snuggle more to his warmth. I was feeling so safe beside him. Last night when he tucked me in bed I slept the best I had after god knows how long.

My heart fluttered remembering how he had kissed my face that had lulled me to sleep. How much I wanted him to be in bed with me and just hold me tight with a promise of never letting go.

Oh, dear Lord! I really, like really liked him! I think I'm going to have red cheeks for the rest of my life!

"Ella!" 

I was snapped out of my thoughts at hearing Mia's voice. I looked up and saw her running toward me.

"Mia!" I greeted her as she grabbed my arm and dragged me to a less crowded corner. "What's wrong?"

"You won't believe this." she panted and tried to gain her normal breathing. Her eyes were sparkling and she had a huge grin on her face. "You won't believe what I saw."

"What did you see?" I asked impatiently, getting nervous slowly.

"You should have seen them." squealed Mia, trying to keep her voice low. She grabbed my shoulders and shook me a bit excitedly. 

"I went to the school's backyard in search of Chase." she hurriedly began explaining heatedly. "There I saw Chase, Chris, and those douchbags, Hector and Vincent. A freshman little boy was curled up on the ground in front of them. I think Hector and Vincent had brought him there."

I frowned instantly, feeling slightly nauseous. What was Chris doing? Was he participating in the poor boy's torture? He had promised me he would never do it again. "What was Chris doing?" I asked quickly, feeling nauseous.

"That's the exciting part." squealed Mia in a hushed voice. "Chris helped the boy to his feet, dusted him off and gave him his bag, and send him away although Hector was protesting. Chase also helped Chris."

I sighed in relief for a second before Mia continued.

"Then Hector said shit about Chris." continued Mia. "He said how Chris had gone soft. But Chris said he wants to be soft if that means to act like a human and turned to leave with Chase when Hector said Chris had gone soft because of you having sex with him. Hector was saying how he liked to have you in bed and that was when Chris lost his shit and began to beat the living daylights out of that bastard."