Chapter 23: Possessive much

[Eleanor]

"Ethan!" frowned Mia as we watched Ethan who looked to be snapped out of his daydream. "Are you even listening?"

Ethan blinked several times and I swear his cheeks turned a bit pink before he cleared his throat. "Yes, yes, sorry." he said not meeting our eyes. "I was a bit distracted."

In fact, he was. We were sitting in the library during our free period. Ethan had returned today but since morning he seemed to be out of this world, always staring out of the window of the class or deep in thought that seemed to be pleasant because he was always smiling. 

"Everything's alright?" I asked him. "You seem so distracted."

"Yeah, don't worry." he waved his hand nonchalantly as he organized his notes. "I think it's the effect of the medicine I have used."

"Does the medicine make you smile all the time like a fool or blush?" questioned Mia with narrowed eyes. "If anything, you look like a love-sick puppy."

Ethan's head snapped toward Mia. "No! I don't!" he denied so quickly.

"So it is." smirked Mia and I hardly suppressed my laughter. "Who is she or he? And don't you dare to tell me there is no one. You have met someone since the last time we have seen you."

"There is no one." said Ethan dismissively, not looking up.

"There is."

"Not."

"Is."

"Not, Mia!"

I watched amused as Ethan and Mia glared at each other challengingly for a minute before Ethan sighed finally and leaned back onto his chair.

"Well?" Asked Mia, making a triumphant face.

"Her name is Lillian." said Ethan and a warmed smile graced his lips. His eyes sparkled behind his glasses as he looked at us. "She is the daughter of my new neighbor. She and her parents were our guests this weekend."

"Awwww!" Mia and I awed together as we saw him blush a bit.

"Tell us more about her." I said early and leaned onto my arms that were on the desk between us.

"Well," said Ethan and scratched the back of his neck. "She is a year younger than us and goes to a all-girl high school. Thanks to the heavens though. She is so adorable and beautiful, so lively and smart. In one word, she caught my eyes at the first sight."

"I want to meet her." demanded Mia eagerly. "We all should go out one day. We can ask Chase and Chris to come too."

"Now that you mentioned and we have time." said Ethan and his face turned serious. "How did Smith manage to convince you?"

Now, it was Mia's time to blush. She blushed and dropped her head while fiddling with her fingers. "It just happened." she said quietly. 

Ethan snorted and crossed his arms. He then glanced at Mia for a moment before sighing again. "Just be careful, Mia." he said. "Smith can be so savage."

Mia's head snapped up quickly and she had a huge smile on her lips. "Don't worry." she said excitedly. "You don't know how much he has changed. Chris is really affecting him too, thanks to Eleanor. He was so caring last night when we ...."

"WHAT??" Ethan and I yelled together shocked and not letting her complete her sentence.

"You were with him last night?" I asked shocked.

"I'm going to kill that bastard." seethed Ethan and stood up angrily and began to walk away.

Mia quickly grabbed his arm, almost falling from her seat in the process. "Ethan! Wait!" she squeaked, pulling Ethan back. "I didn't mean that, you perverts. He just suddenly showed up at my doorstep and we went to an ice cream parlor."