⁰¹⁹

♯ irl !

♯ irl !

river and drea being on a date meant one thing, the rest of the group desperately needed to hang out. they had grown so accustomed to hanging out that even a few days apart felt unusual. it wasn't necessarily specific things planned, even turning up to one another's houses and being with company was something they loved doing. it felt easing to their souls and the surrounding of others distracted them from problems they were perhaps facing or even just the disliking of being alone.

well the group was together until matt and nick decided they wanted mcdonald's and chris and rena were mid mario kart round so decided it would be best to stay home. there was most definitely no other reason. there was no chance that nick and matt only needed to wait two more minutes before they could all go together; that would be absurd.

"we'll be back soon with your stuff!" nick yelled to chris and rena from the hallway as he placed his sneakers on, tying the laces up lazily seeing as they were travelling in the car anyway.

"okay don't be stupid and die!" rena yelled back from inside the living room, her head leaning against chris' shoulder as she spoke whilst her fingers continued to move against the controller simultaneously.

"only if you won't!" matt responded from beside nick and after a little laughter and a few more words being exchanged, they were off and the front door closed making a rather loud sound that made rena jump.

chris laughed at the fear prominent on the girl beside him's face and she scowled, nudging his side before diverting her attention back to the screen for the last few seconds. as per usual, she won the round and chris groaned loudly.

"you're cheating!" he said out of frustration, pushing his fingers through his hair and staring at the screen in surprise, despite this being an all too familiar occurrence.

"how the fuck am i cheating? it's not my fault you're dog shit at the game," she laughed and he sighed loudly, eyes still trained on the proof that he lost for the millionth time.

"you smell like dog shit," he retorted childishly and she gave him a look.

"you're so mature, teach me your ways," she giggled and he couldn't help but join in.

"it just comes naturally sorry," he beamed at the girl and she wiped away an imaginary tear which only made him laugh harder.

the conversation faded into something else before chris and rena lazed around doing nothing in particular for a while, merely enjoying one another's company. they occasionally showed each other their phones or laughed at a comment that made no sense. they spoke about anything that came to their mind. it felt normal and as though it was second nature for them because to be frank, it was.