ᵇᵒⁿᵘˢ ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ♯1

♯ irl !

♯ irl !

rena rubbed at her eyes dejectedly, secretly hoping the blurry haze that had ensnared them days before would disappear if she rubbed hard enough but deep down she knew it would be no use. her eyes were puffy, red around the edges with a slight crinkle that hurt everytime she blinked and her head wasn't exactly on her side either, throbbing immensely and making her feel as though she was the muse of a sick — no pun intended — joke that the universe was playing on her.

she sighed to herself when she opened her eyes and found her vision the exact same as it had been mere moments prior paired with her eyes hurting more. whenever rena got sick, it seemed like her body wanted to show her every last piece of pain it could endure. she rarely ever got sick but the few times she did, it made up for the usual lack of headaches and churning stomachs.

her hot water bottle laid carelessly beside her, not living up to its name anymore seeing as she had poured the water in hours ago and had fallen asleep with a stuffy nose and ringing bells in her mind. she glanced at the object and heaved yet another sigh as she realised she'd have to go reheat it.

of course her luck was on her side as her mother had gone away on a business trip right before she fell sick and chris had gone to LA for a few days so she was practically alone. she let out a groan as she heard the doorbell ring and thought about not answering the door at all for a solid moment before she came to her senses and stood up, the cover drooping off her body and onto the bed in a large cluster.

she walked sluggishly down the stairs, glancing briefly at the mirror in the hallway and praying the interaction was quick because, well to put it lightly, she had seen better days. she was too tired to look through the small hole and opened the door, a large grin breaking out onto her features the moment she registered the sight before her.

she practically leapt onto him and wrapped her arms around his torso, inhaling the familiar scene and immediately feeling at ease without him having to do much at all. he returned the embrace with no difficulty and pressed a small, delicate kiss to her forehead as he released a breathy chuckle at her excitement.

"i thought you were in LA for the next few days," she mumbled against his chest before she let go and moved towards the stairs again, glancing back as if to make sure chris was really there and this wasn't just a figure of her imagination.

"well i was but all our work was done and i knew you were alone so i thought i'd come back to be with you," he followed after her, closing the door to her bedroom behind them and letting his eyes flicker over the usually clean environment with a gaze of sympathy.