ᵇᵒⁿᵘˢ ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ♯3

♯ irl !

♯ irl !

the rain was unexpected, the calmed skies slowly transformed to a slow trickle until eventually it was pouring, the substance showering down on everything within its vicinity and painting the roads with a darkened dampness as though splashing paint across a canvas. the small cracks allowed the water to seep in, meanwhile the puddles formed, bundling together almost as if glue was holding their contents together. and all this happened whilst rena and chris had been on a late night drive, the far too much time spent at home becoming seemingly boring.

rena glanced outside the window, her eyes connecting with the source of the pattering that had been hitting her ears for the past few minutes alongside the gentle hum of her shared playlist with chris sounding through the vehicle.

chris briefly turned his face to look at her, diverting his attention from the road and it was quite frankly impossible to fight off the smile that threatened to break out onto his face at the sight of her tranquil contentment. he was about to speak up but she beat him to it like she sensed the way his eyes were trained on her in those minimal seconds.

"i love the rain," her tone was almost breathless as she voiced her thoughts, eyes never leaving the scene outside the warm doors of his car.

"i can tell, you're looking at it like you've never seen it before," he teased with a laugh and the sound made her look away at last and turn to face him, a smile painted on her face at both the topic at hand and the sound of his ever so contagious laugh.

"sometimes i just want to stand in it for hours, is that weird?" she asked him as he continued to drive to nowhere in particular, something they did every so often and never grew bored of, no matter how many times they repeated the common activity.

the normal woods they drove past were approaching and a small idea popped into chris' mind as he realised as such. there were many a times when they'd stop their drive and simply wander around in the woods until they grew tired just because of how serene it all was. the seclusion was undeniably one of their favourite things in the entire world, euphoria due to the way they could act in any way they pleased and no one was around to tell them they were doing anything wrong, that they had to leave or that this wasn't their place. everything was always perfect and neither of them would ever think of the woods in any other manner.

"let's go to the woods then," he shrugged simply yet he wanted to say his words over and over again purely because of the way rena's eyes brightened up and her slight dimple became prominent in response to her excitement.