Chance meeting part 1

A/n: this one's for the fems, female reader.

"I very much apologise for the inconvenience sir, but given the weather would you allow me to wait out the storm inside?"

Before you stood a tall, almost gothic butler. Who looked down at you, soaked and rather tired from carrying layers of wet petticoats.

"What on earth is a lady doing out in this weather?" He asked.

"I wasn't expecting such weather, I went out to buy an evening dress but it seems Mother Nature had other plans" you shrugged.

"You'll get sick if you stay out there in soaked clothes, I'll have the maid gather a replacement outfit and inform my master" the butler replied, allowing you inside.

"Thank you sir, it's much appreciated"

You squeezed out as much water from your hair and clothes as you could before stepping into the large manor, unsure if which of the many nobles it belonged. Although you did recall people talking about a mysterious butler with almost red looking eyes, he was quite the town mystery.

"May I ask your name ma'am?" The butler asked.

"(Y/n) (l/n), and you?" You replied.

"Oh, (l/n)! I believe my master has met with your father about company business. I'm Sebastian Michaelis, my lord being Ciel Phantomhive"

"Oh! Phantomhive! Yes I've heard of him, very young for an Earl apparently"

"Indeed, only 13. Although don't mention that to him, he likes to feel older than he is"

You snickered, expecting that attitude from a teenager. As Sebastian lead you through the manor, a clap of thunder rang outside and the sound of wind howled through the halls. That storm wasn't ending anytime soon. At the end of a long hall was an office, and when Sebastian opened the doors you were met with the Earl. Very young indeed, he sat at his desk reading over papers about something.

"My lord, the daughter of Mr (y/n) is here to keep out of the rain" Sebastian said.

Ciel looked up, a little surprised to see someone here unannounced.

"Oh, I see. What on earth were you doing out on the rain lady (y/n)?" Ciel asked.

"I was going to buy an evening gown but the weather had other plans. I was unaware it would rain so heavily. I apologise for my intrusion, if only we could have met under better circumstances. I know my father has met you before" you replied.

"Yes I am quite familiar with your father, he's invested in the toy company. Don't worry about intruding it's quite alright. No last should be out in such horrible weather, Sebastian have Mey-Rin prepare her some dry clothes and I'll call her father and inform him she's safe"

"Of course my lord" Sebastian replied.

"Thank you lord Phantomhive, your hospitality is much appreciated" you added.

Again being lead down the halls by the tallest butler you'd ever met, the weather outside only worsened as flashes of lighting lit up the sky and flashed though the windows.

"My this storm has gotten out of hand. It seems you'll be staying the night, I'll set you up with a room" Sebastian said.

"Thank you, I'd rather not have to walk home in... well, that" you replied.

Down in the back of the manor where the kitchen and laundry room were, you came across the maid in question almost tripping on her shoelaces with a basket of fresh laundry.

"Mey-Rin" Sebastian said.

"Wha- OH! Mr Sebastian! And... I believe I know you..." she replied, spotting you.