T4T

A/n: trans masc reader and trans fem Grell are T4T in this one baby.

Everyone knew when she was around, the loud clicking of her high heels, the rev of a chainsaw and the flash of red out of the corner of your eyes. Grell stuck out like a sore thumb in the sea of black suits reapers wore. She was the only one that actually had style around here. She was known for getting into trouble, being dramatic and drooling over tall men with stone cold personalities.

But there was one man she drooled over the most, everyone could see it. That was you, a transfer worker from an overseas department of dispatch. You wore the same black suit as everyone else, but you wore it best. You actually knew how to style it and make it fit right, and you always added rings onto your fingers and adorned your glasses with gothic chains to add some flare to your look.

You may not be the tallest and most muscular man of dispatch but you were by far the prettiest in Grell's eyes. And there was something else about you she couldn't quite put her finger on, but something about you was... familiar.

All the admiring you from across the building had finally come to a head when she was called into the higher ups office and found you were standing there before them too.

"Sutcliff, (l/n). I believe you may already have an idea why you're both here" the boss said.

Grell didn't, but it seemed you did.

"I believe so, yes..." you spoke.

Grell almost dropped to her knees hearing you speak, your voice! It was so... wow... masculine but slightly soft in the tone. The kind of voice that could say the most comforting words of affirmation and make any girl blush. God how she wanted you to call her a good girl with that voice.

"Thanks to the recent fluctuation in deaths, we're having to shuffle around and reassign reaping groups. The two of you will be partners for the foreseeable future, and Grell..."

"Yes sir?" She muttered.

"Control yourself" the boss sighed.

"I'll try, but it may be hard to control myself working with someone so handsome..."

She glanced over at you, and you glanced back. A slight grin on your face from the compliment.

"That'll be enough of that Sutcliff. The two of you will be working in the east end starting tomorrow. The ledgers will be on your desks, any other missions will be discussed at a meeting. Understood?" The boss explained.

You both replied with a 'yes sir' and were dismissed back to work. Although you weren't going back to your desk right away, you had to properly meet your new partner. As soon as the door closed behind you, you tuned to face the redhead and gave her a smirk.

"Handsome huh? Rather flattering coming from a gorgeous girl such as yourself" you teased.

Oh how she wanted to drop to her knees and kiss your shoes for that. You could actually match her energy! The first man she'd flirted with to actually flirt back in with the same sly grin she had.

"Oh you charmer... I get the feeling working with you will be quite fun" she smiled.

"(Y/n), nice to finally meet the infamous Grell Sutcliff" you replied, holding a hand out to shake.

She took it, observing all your rings and taking a snapshot of your beautiful hands in her mind.

"Infamous hey? So your department knows of my mischief too?" She asked.

"I think all of London knows of the red reaper, the one and only who reaped the souls on the Jack the Ripper case and flirts as a second language" you replied.

"I'd say you're become rather well known around here too, everyone has been talking about the mysteriously gorgeous new transfer worker"

The closer you got a look at each other, the more you heard each others voices, the more it started to click for the both of you. A cis person wouldn't be able to tell, but a fellow trans person? They had built in radars to detect their fellow gender queers. The two of you scanned each other down, giving each other knowing looks.

"You have quite the lovely voice you know?" Grell prompted.

Catching on, your suspicions were confirmed.

"Thank you... it's the testosterone" you replied.

"I knew it! I knew you and I had more in common than just being reapers. Maybe that's why the higher ups put us together" she laughed.

"Maybe, I must say though at first glance I couldn't tell. You're just leaking with Devine feminine energy, only a fellow trans person could clock you"

She jokingly flipped her hair over her shoulder with a smug grin.

"Thank you, it's the estrogen" she replied.

What were the chances of a trans man and trans woman ending up work partners in a company of literally millions worldwide? Actually probably pretty good, you had the feeling your identities may have something to do with why the higher ups paired you together. Big mistake on their end, they'd just paired up the biggest flirts in all of dispatch. There was no way you'd be getting work done when you could be making Grell blush as red as her hair.

"Since we're going to be working together now, I think we should get to know each other better. Would the fine maiden care to accompany me for drinks?" You asked, teasingly overdoing the formalities.

"Aren't you such a gentleman, I would love to. There's a lot we need to know about each other to work together effectively. Plus, I'd be insane to turn down and offer like that from the hottest guy in dispatch" she replied.

Oh she was good... you had some competition for flatterer here. You'd just unintentionally started a flirting competition with each other, and you intended to win that.

"Hottest in dispatch Hm? Well that's quite the honour. Although I could never take your title like that, please do keep it" you replied.

She gave you an amused grin, pink dusting her cheeks.

"You sly little- alright fine. I'll keep that title, but don't think this little competition is over sir" she teased.

You win this round, giving her a smile and gently ruffling her hair.

"Good girl" you purred.

Yep, there she goes. Completely and totally smitten with you.