THAT WAS HER MOTHER'S HEART

Everyone was sitting on the floor. The room was covered with a death silence. There was only the sound of the zombies outside the kitchen. They didn't have any idea what to do next. It seem like they had no way out of that place. They had no option. But the silence was broken by Alex.

"We aren't gonna sit like this for our whole life right? We at least need to try." Said Alex

"You are right, I think at least we can discuss about these so called zombies. We can share what we have observed about these zombies. If we know about them we can take precautions and we might about get a way to escape." said Alexa, agreeing to her twin brother's point of view.

Everyone agreed with them......

"Well....me first...You all know I was alone in the resort and I got to know that they get attracted to sound and I don't think they have a good eyesight." said Mina

"Yeah that's true, they can't really recognize you existence if you are far away from them. First when I saw the manager who was infected, from a far he didn't run towards me." Said Ms. Netheline, adding a point to Mina's point.

"I also know something. I have seen my best friend Clara getting infected in front of my eyes and I saw all the symptoms.
1.Her eyes turned red in 2 mins.
2. After that in 30 sec she was crying blood instead of tears.
3. Her nerves we clearly visible.
4. In some mins her arms and legs started twisting and she lost her control....."
Said Sophia giving a big clue by which they all can recognize if someone was about to get infected.

"Well as much as I have seen....i have noticed that they are attracted by our smell...and they bite us in our neck like a vampire..."said Julian.

They discussed all the things they have seen and it seem like thay had enough information to take their next step. They decided to take a step tomorrow as it might be like horror scene if they do it in the night. Yes, it was already night. Everyone was tied and all fell asleep.

But Mina was not sleepy. When she opened her eyes and thought of going near the window and getting out of this world for a while, she saw Lily the little girl near the window. She had a pendent in her hand. Mina went near her a stood near to her. She asked her what the matter is and why is she awake this late in night. The little girl looked into Mina's eyes with an emotionless expression. Her eyes turned pale red and a tiny drop of blood dropped from her eyes.

Mina took a step backward. She couldn't process what she just saw now. Red eyes with bloody tears. That was a symptom of turning into a zombie. But the little girl looked very calm and didn't seem have any effect. Mina stood froze in her place. Then after a minute or so, Lily the little girl came near her with her pendent.

"Don't be scare of me. I am just a little girl. I have heard all the discussion and I also know why you backed off. But trust me I will not harm you." Lily said as she stared into Mina's eyes.

"Oh dear, how did this happen. And what's that in your hands. Please tell me I promise I won't reveal your secret to anyone...." Mina said still terrified.

"Oh this...This is my Mom and she is dead by now. She gave me her heart to save me, as my heart was damaged and I would have died. When I have healed I went to her and saw her dead in the hospital bed. I was a staring at her not knowing what happen when suddenly this apocalypse broke out." said Lily.

"But how on earth did you get infected? Dear, you don't even have any bite mark on your body. And you were here for so long and you still didn't turn into one of them." Mina asked being totally confused.

"Well.....my mom was the one who was infected and her heart was transferred to mine and may thus I am infected. And may be due to my mother's warm heart in my body I am still alive and not completely infected.........."