Chapter Six; Halloween Feast

"Now, don't forget that nice wrist movement we've been practicing!" Professor Flitwick said, standing atop a pile of books. "Swish and flick, remember, swish and flick. And saying the magic words properly is very important, too – never forget Wizard Baruffio, who said 's' instead of 'f' and found himself on the floor with a buffalo on his chest."

The class had been put in pairs. Since Charms was with the Gryffindors, I was hoping I could be partnered with Neville. But Flitwick seemed to want Gryffindors to pair with Gryffindors and Ravenclaws with Ravenclaws. I wouldn't want to get on the professor's bad side, so I found myself paired with Terry.

However, Terry being an idiot, got me punched in the nose with his obnoxious wand waving.

"Oh crap, I didn't mean to do that! Sorry!" Terry did not seem remotely sorry but luckily, my nose did not seem broken.

"It's fine, it's fine." I waved him off. Across the room, Ron was also waving his wand around in an attempt to make the feather float. Hermione was stopping him, pushing his wand to the desk. I couldn't make out the conversation – which was really just Hermione – but it seemed like Ron was getting scolded.

Facing the white feather in front of me, I was about to practice the spell when Flitwick's shrill voice caught my attention.

"Oh, well done!" He clapped. "Everyone see here, Miss Granger's done it!"

Sure enough, Hermione's feather was floating four feet above her head. Several people in the classroom clapped for the achievement forgetting their own feathers.

Scowling, I turned back to my feather, flicking my wrist.

"Wingardium Leviosa." I mumbled. The feather floated, higher than Hermione's by at least a foot.

"Ah, it seems Mr. L/N has managed to make his feather float as well!" Flitwick announced, causing the class to face me. I smirked, looking directly at Hermione, keeping the feather in the air. Hermione shot a glare in return. 

"Five points to Ravenclaw and Gryffindor!"

Class continued, a small handful of students also levitating their feathers. Ron seemed red in the face by the end of class, but I paid no mind. Neville had his shoulders slumped as he walked out of class, dejected. I ran to catch up to him.

"Neville! Wait up!" He must not have heard me, as he kept shuffling his feet. "Neville?" He only stopped when I put a hand on his shoulder.

"Hey, are you okay?"

"Don't worry about it." He mumbled, his gaze staying focused on the ground in front of him. Shrugging my hand off his shoulder, he continued his path.

"Y/N!" Terry shouted across the hall. Some students turned to look at the brown haired boy. "Want to hang out with me and some of my other friends?" I looked back at the path Neville took.

"Sure." Terry cheered. It wouldn't hurt to hang out with people other than Neville. I should probably make some other friends anyways, like Neville had.

Leading me to the courtyard, I found myself towards a group of three people.

"This is Padma Patil," He pointed to a girl with dark hair that went down her back.

"Michael Corner," a boy with dark hair waved.

"And last but not least, Anthony Goldstein." A boy with blonde hair smiled before waving.

"These are the other Ravenclaws in our year." Terry whispered in my ear, leaning closer than he needed too

"I know that you idiot, we room with Michael and Anthony." I shoved him off me.