Chapter Twelve; Detention

Filch ended up dragging Harry and Hermione to Professor McGonagall before dragging Y/N to Professor Flitwick. Y/N felt a shame he had never felt before. He had never got in trouble before. Aside from the fact he punched Malfoy, but he wasn't punished for that, so he had never gotten in trouble.

How could they have been so careless to have forgotten the cloak in the tower? It was an important part of making sure the plan worked in the first place, surely at least one of them should have remembered it.

He couldn't even think of an excuse for being on top of the tallest astronomy tower, which is out-of-bounds excluding classes. If the teachers knew of the dragon and the cloak, they might as well be packing their bags for home.

Professor Flitwick's office was exactly as you'd expect the office of every other Ravenclaws office. Filled to the brim with books on every topic you could name, research papers, organized clutter in every corner.

A small lamp on the desk in the center of the room lit up, illuminating the small Professor Flitwick who was dressed in a dressing cap and gown.

"I couldn't quite believe myself when Argus came to me saying he'd caught you out of bed. Care to explain yourself, L/N?" Flitwick sighed, making a cup of tea for himself to wake up.

"There's really no way for me to explain myself, Professor. I'm extremely sorry." Y/N said, his head down and staring at his slippers. Flitwick sipped his tea, letting a few silent moments fill the office.

"I'm aware Mr. Potter, Malfoy, Longbottom and Miss Granger were also involved. Both Professor Snape and Professor McGonagall will be dealing with them separately, although both will likely be rash due to their sleep being interrupted. I know neither of them like that." Flitwick chuckled, pouring himself another cup of tea.

"Like I said, I'm extremely sorry for my actions. I can't say the same for the others, but I am truly sorry." I apologized.

Flitwick sighed. "It's one in the morning, L/N. I will be taking twenty points from Ravenclaw and giving you detention, but I'm sure you have your reasons for your actions, even though you will not tell me. Now go get some rest." With that, Flitwick turned off the lamp and left, leaving me to find my way back to the dormitory by myself.

Y/N couldn't fall asleep that night, staring at the roof in the dorm. Terry was loudly snoring beside him, sleeping without a care.

Sometimes, Y/N wondered why he befriended Harry and Ron. Look at all the trouble he's caused him. Looping him in with the Philosopher's Stone, taking Hagrid's dragon to Charlie and his friends without much thought. He imagined what would have happened if he just stuck with being friends with Terry and Neville. It'd have been much better that's for sure.

Y/N didn't sleep much last night. Just as he was about to sleep, Terry's snores would wake him up again. Breakfast the next morning was weird. Harry was shunned by Ravenclaws, Hufflepuffs and Gryffindors alike. The story of last night quickly spread, turning nearly everyone on Harry.

It was only Ron and Y/N that stood by him. Ron tried to point out Fred and George lost points all the time and everyone still liked them, but Harry pointed out that they hadn't lost a hundred-and-fifty in one go which Ron couldn't respond too.

Even Neville and Hermione had it bad. They weren't as well-known, but no one would talk with them. Hermione kept to herself, not responding in class and keeping her head down. Harry had made a resolution to keep to himself, which worked for the weeks until the week before the exams were about to start.

Harry found Hermione and Y/N in the library testing Ron on Astronomy. The black-haired boy told them about what happened.

"Snape's done it then! " exclaimed Ron. "If Quirrell's told him how to break his Anti-Dark Force spell-"