Chapter Eleven; Secrets

A/N: All further chapters (including this one) will be in third person as it's easier for me to write in that perspective. Hope you enjoy

The next two weeks were odd. Malfoy gave a smirk to the trio whenever they passed each other in the halls. It bothered him, watching his friends tense whenever they made eye contact with Malfoy. They were hiding something. He knew it. It was either about the stone or whatever Hagrid has in his hut.

Y/N was fine with them for hiding it, no matter how much it bothered him that he didn't know. He was sure they had their reasons. But the morning he saw Ron with his hand swollen, he had to confront them.

"Why is your hand all swollen? It'll be hard to study with that." Ron tried to hide his hand, continuing to eat with his other hand.

"None of your business, L/N." The red head obviously struggled with eating, Harry and Hermione giving concerned glances to the boy as well.

His eyes narrowed. "Back to last names are we, Weasley? Is it because you don't want to be seen mingling with other houses near the House Cup?" He jeered, arms across his chest. Ron's head sunk down in shame.

"I know you three have been hiding something. I'd like to be informed but if you don't want to tell me that's your choice. But I'll find out eventually." Y/N walked away, meeting back up with his other friends at the Ravenclaw table.

"You look gloomier than normal, what happened?" Terry asked, shoveling oatmeal into his face. He gave a harsh glare to the boy, buttering a crisp piece of toast before answering.

"Stupid Gryffindors, acting all high and mighty, not telling me anything." Y/N grumbled, taking small bites off his toast. Padma sighed.

"Potter and Weasley being annoying?" She inquired, passing the bread rolls to Michael beside her. Y/N only nodded, picking away at his food. The rest of breakfast was in silence, a gloomy aura surrounding Y/N. Terry made sure Y/N got around all day to his classes, practically dragging the boy as he pouted.

At the news of Ron being in the Hospital Wing, Y/N immediately marched his way over. After classes, of course. The doors practically hit the wall when he opened them, loud stomps on his way to Ron's bed, Harry and Hermione trying to calm him down.

"-Saturday!" Ron was shaking and had turned pale, sitting upright in bed with the swollen hand he saw earlier less swollen and wrapped in bandages instead of a handkerchief.

"What about Saturday?" Y/N closed the curtain around the hospital bed. Harry and Hermione who were standing with their backs against the h/c haired boy whipped around quickly, Hermione's hair hitting her in the face.

"Y/N! We didn't expect to see you here!" Harry said, moving to hide Ron's hand with his body. "Why are you in the Hospital Wing?" The black-haired boy asked, pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose.

"Heard Weasley was here. And I have a feeling it has something to do with what you're trying to hide from me." Y/N sat on the chair beside Ron's bed. The four were silent, it was so tense you could cut it with a knife. Several minutes passed, no one moving a muscle.

"I think he deserves to know." Hermione spoke up, her voice barely above a whisper.

"It was his choice to not go to Hagrid's that day. Why should we tell him?" Ron attempted to cross his arms but refused to move his swollen hand, giving a very odd look.

"He already knows about everything else. And he hasn't told anyone else. I think we should trust him; we might need his help later." Hermione defended, yet still refused to look at the Ravenclaw.

"Hermione's right. We should tell him, Ron." Harry interjected. Ron was exasperated, his mouth agape.

"He was never meant to find out about anything in the first place!" The three bickered about whether or not they should tell whatever they were trying to keep secret, their voices raising every minute that passed.