Chapter 5

Izuku's Quirks:

1) One For All
2) Blackwhip
3) Float
4) Danger Sense
5) Smokescreen
6) ?
7) ?

Enjoy.

xXx

( City M )

In one of the many apartment buildings in City M, two S-Class Heroes can be found playing a video game of all things. The civilians would find it hard to believe that two S-Class Heroes would spend their free time playing video games and they would be especially shocked to discover that the two Class S Heroes who are doing so are S-Class Rank 6, King and S-Class Rank 1, Deku.

Yet, that is exactly what is happening in King's apartment as both S-Class Heroes are currently battling it out in a fighting video game.

Sitting side by side on the floor while in front of King's television, both men are pressing the buttons on their controllers at a rapid pace, although Izuku is doing so in more flustered state, unlike King who is as cool as a cucumber.

King is a tall, lean man with light tan skin, blue eyes and shoulder-length, slicked-back blonde hair combed down to the nape of his neck. He has a long face with sunken cheeks and a well defined jawline. His most noticeable feature are the set of three vertical scars over his left eye.

"I've got you now!" declared Izuku with a wide grin, pressing a combination of buttons on his controller that makes his player character use their super move. With King's character's health so low, the special move should be more than enough to win the game.

If Izuku was playing against someone else, he might have just won, but he's up against King, the God of video games. With just two fingers, King presses a series of buttons on his controller, making his character counter Izuku's own at the last second before he could unleash his special move. This left Izuku's character at the mercy of King who used a combo move to remove the rest of Izuku's character's life bar, ending the match in another victory for King.

"No!" cried Izuku is disbelief. "But I was so close!"

King decides not to tell Izuku that he was holding back to give him a better chance. "That makes it 81-0 to me, doesn't it?" he asked, already knowing that he's right.

Izuku doesn't even answer, simply dropping his controller and looking down at his crossed legs in defeat. "How is he so good at playing video games?" he wondered, sadly. With it being Sunday, Izuku had gone to King's apartment for their weekly video game matches and just like the many times before, he had lost.

In the eyes of everyone, Izuku Midoriya is the strongest man in the world, but it is believed that King is the only other Hero who can match him in sheer physical might. Everyone believes the two Heroes are fated rivals with King being the only man alive who's capable of taking Izuku's title as the Strongest Man on Earth.

In truth, the entire world believes in a lie.

The truth of the matter is that King is not Izuku's rival. Yes, they are friends, but King can't be Izuku's rival because he's actually just a civilian who had unintentionally gained credit of some of Izuku's heroic acts during his time as a vigilante years ago. King never wanted the credit, but before he could even open his mouth to deny the accomplishments, he was already made a S-Class Hero by the Hero Association and given the title as rival to Deku. Izuku still finds it hard to believe that the Hero Association was so quick to jump the gun and named King a S-Class Hero, especially without actually witnessing him defeat a single Mysterious Being.

Usually, Izuku wouldn't allow a civilian to be made a Hero, especially a Class S Hero, without any sort of training or skill, but it turns out that King does have some useful skills of his own. Other than his incredible skills at playing video games, King is both incredibly lucky and has an overwhelming presence that intimidates all his foes into backing down. For nearly three years, King has been a S-Class Hero who has gone up against dozens of opponents, both human and monster, with him defeating them all with just his sheer overwhelming presence alone. Such a feat has only proven to the world how powerful he truly is. Seeing as how King can handle himself, even without fighting, Izuku decided to not reveal the truth about King.