Chapter 1

As I arrived in front of my house, the sky above was bleak, devoid of any sunlight, with dark clouds looming over the city. It made me wonder: when was the last time I saw the sun? The factories in the city, churning out garbage and pollutants, are making the problem of pollution worse with each passing month. I'm not entirely sure we, as human gonna survive in the next century or so.

???: " Hahhh, another day another meaningless shit."

I sigh as I opened the door Infront of me.

Oh, seems like my body automatically headed to the direction of my room. Eh.. it's not like anyone's here  anyways.

Before I ascend to upper floor towards my room, my stomach is rumbling, but against a better judgement, I choose to ignore it. After all this is the last day of Yggdrasil. All the time and money he spent on this game is unimaginable so he didn't want to miss every single moments of it.

I quickly walk into my room and plug the necessary equipment for the game. 

???: " I can't believe it gonna end like this, I mean the content is still much unexplored. Only 30% content in Yggdrasil is discovered, the rest is still a mystery since the shitty dev keep it secret even when the game is about to be closed."

I glanced at the menu screen of Yggdrasil and immediately login in.

???: " I hope Momonga doesn't mind if I'm a little bit late. The market probably gonna crash since it's the last day and I don't want to miss the opportunity to buy the World Item even for a hour to play with it."

---

My character appear in Midgard or "earth". This realm is consist of humanoid and demi-human race. Heteromorphic in the other hand are quite rare in this part of Yggdrasil. They were often hunted for free exp, and since there was no penalty for killing them, the heteromorphic race was rarely played by many others.

In Yggdrasil, players could only create one playable character, making each player's character unique in terms of skills, appearance, and gameplay. This encouraged players to experiment with different builds and gameplay styles because dying meant losing experience points and wasting their build..

I vividly remembered my first day playing Yggdrasil, with no official guide to help me. As someone who had been sheltered all their life, I had no idea what I was doing. And to make matters worse, my race was heteromorphic, which resulted in me getting killed repeatedly by other players.

For a week, I couldn't level up past level 10 because other players kept killing me. I didn't understand why they kept doing this to me until a kind player told me about the general rules of Yggdrasil. They informed me that my race was an imp, and that the realm of Muspelheim would be better suited for me instead of Midgard.

I quickly befriended this player and asked them for more information. To my surprise, they answered all my questions in great detail. I thanked them for their help and knowledge, but before I could leave for another realm, they gave me some gifts like equipment, skill scrolls, and potions. I asked why they did this, and they replied:

Kind Player: " Because I want to, y'know I kinda empathize with you. This is the first time you played right.?" They asked

Cypher: "Ehh... Not really. I have played this game since last week."

Kind player: " Well, you gonna get used to it. PKing other player are common in the world of YGGDRASIL."

I was confused at first, what is 'PKing' is? So I ask them

Kind player: " You don't know what PK is? It stand for player killing. We as player gained exp and the drop loot when we killed other player. Yeah there's some penalty for killing other player but you, you're heteromorphic. The penalty doesn't apply to you." They explained.