Chapter 7

Mason and Mabel exchanged glances, their expressions a mix of confusion and curiosity as they tried to make sense of the situation.

Mason carefully observed Lucifer, searching for any signs of deception in his eyes, but found none. His gaze then shifted to his sister, noticing her clenched teeth and tightened grip on her arms, a clear sign of her unease.

Lucifer, keenly aware of Mabel's emotions, addressed her directly, his voice calm and reassuring.

Lucifer: "Ah, Mabel, isn't it? Please, do relax. This is all part of your Creator plan. She simply wanted to test something and asked me to 'play' with all of you."

At that moment, Cypher, who had been pretending to be asleep all along, suddenly sat up with an apologetic expression on her face, directing her words towards her creations.

Cypher: "Ahahaha, I'm sorry about that, my children. I just wanted to try out a new skill I recently acquired." Cypher scratched her head sheepishly as she explained herself.

Mason and Mabel exchanged puzzled looks, unsure of what to make of Cypher's explanation. It seemed that their mother had orchestrated this encounter for a specific purpose, but the twins couldn't help but feel a mix of curiosity and caution.

Mason took a step forward, his gaze fixed on Cypher.

Mason: "What kind of skill exactly, Mother?"

Cypher hesitated for a moment, contemplating how to best convey her explanation.

Cypher: "Well, you see... the skill I possess allows me to create and manipulate the reality in my 'mindspace'. It's a unique ability that dream demons possess," Cypher paused briefly, gathering her thoughts, "I wanted to push the boundaries of this skill and explore its interaction with the real world."

With a mischievous undertone, Cypher added,

Cypher: "Have you realized, my brave creations, that neither of you has ever cast an offensive spell? You've relied solely on buffs and weapon attacks."

Mason's eyes widened as he suddenly felt a sensation of something being lifted from his mind. He hadn't even noticed that he had refrained from using offensive spells during their battles, and it seemed that Mabel had overlooked this fact as well.

In frustration, Mabel slapped her forehead and groaned, berating herself for the oversight.

Mabel: "How can I forgot about that!" 

Mason stepped in to console his sister.

Mason: "Mabel, it's not your fault. Mother is the one who restricted us,"  Mason reassured her

Cypher: "Ding ding ding, you're absolutely correct, Sir Dipping Sauce. I employed my skill to alter your consciousness," Cypher explained.

Cypher's expression then softened as she looked at her creations.

Cypher: "I'm sorry, my dear. I hope this hasn't made you angry with me."

Mabel's eyes widened upon hearing her mother's apology.

Mabel: "What! No, no, no, Mom, don't apologize! I'm not angry, and Mason isn't either, right, bro-bro?" Mabel said, turning to her brother.

Mason nodded, affirming his sister's statement.

Mason: "That is correct, Mother. We exist to serve the Supreme One. If this is what you desire, then we have no problem with it," Mason said, closing his eyes.

Cypher looked at both of her creations, uncertain of what to say after hearing that.

To avoid any further confusion in her heart, she decided to ask about Momonga's whereabouts.