Chapter 8

The clock's ticking resonates through the room, the sound amplifying in the heavy silence that hangs in the air.

The headmaster gracefully offered Aurelie a chair, along with a small smile.

Archibald: "Please take a seat, miss, while I prepare a fresh cup of tea for you,"

Aurelie wordlessly complied, her gaze drifting around the room, searching for something that might catch her interest. However, everything appeared rather ordinary and unremarkable.

Suddenly, the sound of a kettle boiling filled the room, capturing Aurelie's attention. Part of her wanted to suggest to the headmaster that perhaps a cup of coffee would be more to her liking. But as a 'noble', she needed to uphold certain expectations. After all, in the Middle Ages, tea was a favored beverage among nobles, or so she recalled.

Cypher: "Well, perhaps tea won't be so bad," she mused to herself.

In truth, Aurelie wasn't particularly fond of tea in the past. It lacked the robust flavor and energizing kick she preferred. She would only indulge in tea on rare occasions when she sought relaxation or wished to retire early. In fact, she could count on one hand the number of times she had chosen tea over other beverages in a year.

Meanwhile, the headmaster meticulously attended to the preparation of the tea, his full concentration devoted to every detail. His discerning eye scanned the ingredients before him, carefully selecting the finest tea, a delicate cube of sugar and honey.

Not only did the headmaster dedicate himself to the precise combination of flavors, but he also paid special attention to the vessels in which the tea would be served. The glassware he had acquired was imported all the way from the Holy Kingdom, these masterfully crafted glasses boasted intricate designs and sublime engravings.

The headmaster aimed to create an exquisite tea-drinking experience, where every sip would be enhanced by the grace and refinement of the carefully chosen ingredients and the unparalleled beauty of the imported glassware.

With a satisfied smile, Archibald admired his masterpiece-the perfectly brewed tea that awaited its moment to be savored. The headmaster carefully selected a tray, gracefully lifting the teapot and two exquisite cups, each adorned with delicate patterns and an air of elegance.

He then approached the table where the mysterious young lady sat, Archibald's eyes caught a glimpse of her apparent disinterest. Undeterred, he placed the tray on the table carefully, ensuring that each item found its designated spot with utmost precision. The teapot, brimming with fragrant warmth, was gently positioned at the center, positioned between the two cups on either side, their delicate handles invitingly awaiting the touch of eager hands.

Archibald then gently poured the tea into Aurelie's cup, ensuring a smooth and steady stream. He observed with quiet reverence as the fragrant liquid cascaded, its aroma permeating the air and intertwining with the surrounding tranquility.

Archibald: "Please do enjoy the tea miss," he said with a hint of excitement.

Aurelie maintained her disinterested gaze as her eyes locked onto Archibald's eager countenance. She gracefully raised the cup to her lips, allowing the delicate tendrils of aroma to weave their way into her senses. To her surprise, the fragrance proved to be quite pleasing.

But how about the taste?

With a composed and deliberate motion, she took a sip, allowing her tastebuds to be enveloped by the intricate dance of flavors. She meticulously considered her judgment before delivering her verdict, her voice tinged with a detached tone that thinly veiled her discernment.