Chapter 5

9th floor, Guild Member Residential Area, Cypher's Room. 

In the dimly lit room, two supreme beings stood at its center. Momonga, the leader of the infamous group of 42 supreme beings known as the Ainz Ooal Gown, stood alongside his guildmate, Cypher.

Cypher was the only supreme being at Nazarick who remained by Momonga's side until the end of the server shutdown. Over the years of their playtime, both of them stayed loyal to the game. Despite newer and more advanced games being released after the success of YGGDRASIL, they never sought to replace the world that had consumed their time, efforts, and resources like nothing else in their lives.

In their day-to-day lives, Cypher and Momonga worked together at a company owned by Cypher's family. Momonga had landed the job after informing his guildmate that he had been fired from his previous company.

Cypher, who held significant power in her own company, offered Momonga a job, which he gratefully accepted. Their professional relationship began from that point onward. Despite their secret lives in YGGDRASIL, no one in the company was aware of it. After work, however, they transformed into completely different individuals—greeting each other warmly, joking around, and chatting like a group of high school friends. This was peculiar considering Momonga had never experienced high school before.

Momonga perceives Cypher primarily as a boss first then secondarily as a friend , whether subconsciously or not it's hindered the development of a deeper and more genuine friendship between them.

Conversely, Cypher considered Momonga her true friend, especially after feeling abandoned by her so-called 'friends' from the Ainz Ooal Gown. Although she acknowledges that their abandonment may not entirely be their fault, as they have other concerns. Nonetheless, in her heart, they had forsaken their friendship. The once regular exchange of emails and letters on special occasions gradually dwindled, and the annual real-life meetups ceased to exist. This reality left Cypher feeling a mix of anger and disappointment toward her former comrades.

Upon noticing Cypher's restless glances around the room, Momonga made an effort to persuade her to rest and retire for the night. He genuinely wanted her to take care of herself in that moment.

However, Cypher resisted the idea, feeling compelled to assist Momonga in navigating the unknown and perilous territory they found themselves in. The weight of their shared experiences and knowledge of the dangers that lay ahead motivated her to stand by his side. 

The feeling is doubled after almost all the members of Ainz Ooal gown abandoned the guild.

But thankfully the two supreme being is enough to defend Nazarick against outside forces.

Both of the supreme beings possessed distinct strengths. Momonga wielded a variable of instant death magic and possessed extensive knowledge of YGGDRASIL. On the other hand, Cypher possessed reality-bending powers that made her formidable opponent. 

Their approaches to combat differed as well. Momonga meticulously planned every move before engaging in battle, while Cypher charged headfirst into the fray, relying on her overwhelming abilities to secure victory.

Recognizing Cypher's inclination to take immediate action, Momonga endeavored to devise swift strategies for her to execute, offering support from a distance. Together, with the aid of the loyal floor guardians, they stood ready to face any formidable challenge that came their way, be it a powerful raid boss or a many dungeon within the realm of YGGDRASIL.

That's why, at this moment, it felt wrong to burden Momonga with all the problems. Cypher felt needed to help her friend. Since he's the only who she felt familiar in this unknown new world.