⁰²⁴

♯ irl !

♯ irl !

the triplets had arrived earlier than both rena and drea to river's house and were currently waiting for the girls to arrive so they could film the youtube video for the triplets' channel. they had grown bored waiting around and settled on eating something to pass the time and once some food had entered their system, they instantly felt more alive and their conversation seemed to flow much better than it originally did.

"are you ever going to tell us what happened with rena?" nick suddenly asked chris the question that has been lingering on his mind for quite some time gently, in between eating some pasta with his brothers and river.

matt's eyes widened slightly, not expecting his brother to be so up front about it and when he shifted to look to river, he noted the exact same expression plastered across his face. both boys connected eyes and gave one another a hesitant look, not exactly sure how chris would go about such a question seeing as he had not brang it up himself and it had been a while since the so called events.

chris paused and placed his food back onto the plate with a groan. in all honesty, he thought his brothers and river had forgotten about it and that he would be able to act like nothing happened. to be frank, he knew he should not have expected anything else because come on, it was nick, matt and river. it was nick, matt and river who knew every little detail about his life almost like it was their own. it was nick, matt and river who could practically recite chris' memories as well as he could because of how detailed he expressed them all. they knew everything about each other and for chris to think that, even for a moment, this would be forgotten was quite foolish if he said so himself.

he sighed heavily as he played with his food, the fork swirling between the contents on the plate to provide some sort of distraction as he apprehensively confessed, "we were going to kiss and we didn't because you and matt came home and then you know, we just left it at that."

"matt i told you! we are fucker uppers!" nick groaned and aggressively shook matt's shoulders as he recalled the day all too well, from the flushed cheeks to the tense environment that seemed to be present when they entered the living room with the food. he simply couldn't forget the way rena left like her life depended on that very thing and when he told river about it, both boys made sure to comment on how strange it was.

matt exhaled slowly and shrugged out of his brother's grip, maybe he was someone who played a role in messing things up but did nick have to be so loud about it? his frustration earned him laughter from river before the boy went back to curiously glancing at chris and tried to take in the way his best friend was feeling.

"it doesn't matter, she said it would be better in the past," chris tried to close the conversation before they asked more questions but it didn't work as his words merely added more queries to the never ending list the other three boys beheld.