𝙄𝙄 |𝘽𝙧𝙤𝙠𝙚𝙣|

New York, USA

The high-rise building was evidence of the rising power of one man in the business world. An individual would crane his neck to have a glimpse at it. It stood tall and strong. The exterior of the building was a stark contrast as compared to its interiors. The hues of the setting sun gave it aesthetically pleasing vibes. It had a sense of warmth and comfort. The grey and black shaded marbles within the magnificent fiberglass structure and deep navy blue decor emitted sophisticated, elegant, and authoritative energy. The dynamics were different once a person was inside the building. There was an air of authority in sync with the cold, powerful and ruthless aura emanated by one man sitting in the center of the conference room.
The thin golden-framed pilot glasses were resting on the bridge of his nose. He felt a sudden tug of restlessness which shifted his attention from the ongoing presentation. It was a proposal that would expand his business in his home country. His motherland. Ahmedabad was home. It was his heartbeat. The twirling of magnets had increased at an even pace as the sudden feeling of uneasiness had escalated.
The presentation had already come to an end. It was time for a discussion when a board member chimed in a professional tone, "Mr. Kapadia, Do you have any inputs or some modifications towards the idea?"
Anuj just hummed as his thoughts were somewhere else. He was nudged again by his secretary, who looked at him quizzically. He looked at the blank space for a few moments before excusing himself. " Please send me the presentation in my inbox. I'll check it with my core team and we can do the discussion tomorrow.", and with that, he walked out of the room.

The plush corridor witnessed a lost Anuj Kapadia for the first time as he exited the office in long strides. The feeling of anxiousness and anxiety further escalated as he drove his swanky red Audi through the posh area of Hudson Yards. Hudson Yards was the area where his simple home was located. A home that defined solitude and that had witnessed the anguish of a broken heart. Anuj's mind had been caught in a whirlwind of thoughts as entered the dimly lit hallway and sat down on the sofa with a thud. He wondered whether GK was alright or not for he had been down with his health for the last few days due to the change in weather. Then as a habit, a sudden thought flashed through his mind. Was she alright? Was she okay? Though with time he had learned to deal with the longing that came along with his unrequited love somehow this time he could not help it. It seemed like she was deeply hurt as if some kind of mishap had taken place turning her life topsy turvy. He brushed off the nagging thought as the last time he checked on Anupama, through Devika, she was happily preparing for her upcoming wedding anniversary. The day he suffered heartbreak for he had lost his love.

He was taken back to a memory of 17 years back when he had last visited Ahmedabad. He had even visited the Shah House, wearing a white hoodie. Anupama was smiling and the glow of pregnancy showed its radiance on her face. She was looking happy. He stood rooted in his spot seeing her happiness. A small tear drop rolled down his eye and he turned away from the entrance after capturing her image in his mind and heart. He walked away slowly ...

Anuj brushed away the thought for he had always wished for her happiness from Kanhaji. It was a faith that his parents had strongly instilled in him. He thought that she might be happily gracing the occasion of her marriage anniversary. She might be enjoying her life being contented and satisfied with her small world. He was brought out of his reverie when a warm and affectionate hand caressed his head lovingly. It was GK, his Gopi Kaka. He looked at Anuj quizzically.
"Anuj, I know you are not bothered by work. There is something else." He sighed and said "GK, Aaj pehli baar itni bechaini ho rahi hai, I feel restless. I have a gut feeling that something is wrong. But I cannot pinpoint it ." He walked away saying some sad shayari in his mind whereas GK looked at his retreating figure.

Little did they both know that fate was to take them back to the place where they left a piece of their hearts.

Bodakdev, Ahmedabad