𝙑 |𝘾𝙧𝙤𝙨𝙨𝙧𝙤𝙖𝙙𝙨|

Bodakdev, Ahmedabad

Everyone in the Shah Household had woken up to absolute tranquility. A silence that indicated the calm before the chaos. The atmosphere was giving in different kinds of vibes that caused the family members to shudder with fear. It had an element of restlessness. The household looked dull as the regular hustle and bustle was missing. It was like as if someone had sucked the life out of the house. The dynamics had changed with Anupama to be found nowhere, but the gravity and in what manner it was to alter the relationships was something the Shah household was yet to see. It was difficult for everyone to pinpoint the foreboding catastrophe for they were still processing the last night's nightmare. Destiny was in no mood to be benevolent when they received Devika's disturbing phone call that had further escalated the anxiety. Though it brought relief to the elderly couple to some extent, Samar had rushed out in lieu of seeing his mother for his satisfaction when they learned that she was running a high temperature. Samar was gone in a flash even before Vanraj or someone else could stop him. Vanraj had felt the alarm bells ringing but when had he worked with composure taking into consideration the circumstances? He could see the downward spiral but his quest to have it all under his control was driving him rash and impulsive so he shut off his inner conscience. Thus, he concocted a deceiving web of sugar-coated lies to his parents and family alike. 

However, Baa was irked by the fact that Anupama had chosen to stay put at Devika's house. She despised her for Devika is a divorcee and her nature is outgoing and outspoken, who often led Anupama astray thereby neglecting the household. It somehow created discord in her heart for Baa had a mindset that reflected society's social conditioning.  Though the relationship that she shared with Anupama was typical, there was a difference. The resentment and bitterness apart from occasional bouts of love was evident. The feelings that aroused as per the situations and circumstances. It was like as if being dependent on Anupama had become her habit. On the other hand, Bapuji had been taken by surprise as Anupama had taken such a big decision then the reason might be bigger and he decided to ask out Vanraj because he knew his son well including his anger which made him lose his rationality often.

Sindhu Bhavan Marg, Ahmedabad

Devika's Nilaya

Devika had a sleepless night. It was excruciating for her as the lifeless face of her best friend haunted her. The pain and suffering of Anu had her heart. A pure soul like her did deserve something better but that would only be possible when she would learn to live for herself. A habit that Anupama had long forgotten. The crisis in her best friend's life was a pain that she had once gone through when her marriage fell apart years back. However, the situations were different for the kids involved in Anupama's life. It was a precarious situation and it had caused raging conflict within her. She would definitely discuss this with Anupama once her health gets better. She was lost in her thoughts when the bell rang. A look at the clock and she wondered who would it be and that too at this time. She opened the door only to find Samar at her doorstep. She was eternally grateful for this boy who was nothing less than a miracle in this sham of a marriage.  A complete mumma's boy who had acknowledged Anupama's sacrifices and had known her worth. He cherished her, valued her, and showered love through gestures like bringing her clothes. She took him to the room where Anupama was resting.

A look at his mother and a tear rolled down his eye. He slowly walked out of the room unable to bear the sight. Devika followed him out to console him. Samar said meekly," Devika Maasi, I'll stay here till she gets well. However, it is beyond my understanding as to what has transpired for mummy to go in shock, as she is someone who works tirelessly rather than falling weak. The matter is something else that is being concealed by dad." Devika was worried about his reaction when he would find the bitter truth about his father for he had always been protective when it came to Anupama. "Samar, sometimes making choices is difficult but choice being right or wrong is something that only time will tell. So make sure you choose carefully." Samar was bewildered as it was very rare for Devika to impart a piece of advice. It means the event had pushed her to an edge. Nevertheless, he nodded and said "Maasi, please get yourself some sleep. I am here to look after mummy. It has been a tiring day for you as well." with that he moved toward his mother's room.