𝙓𝙓 | 𝙋𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙣𝙚𝙧𝙨|

Anuj's Aaransh, Thaltej

Anuj returned home after making a partnership proposal to Anupama. He wanted some space for himself to control his overwhelming emotions. It was almost lunch time and he had made it in time. He had done his part and hoped that Anupama would do the right thing. He had been playing with the fork rather than eating his food. GK noticed it and said, "Anuj, What's bothering you? And what was that in the morning, at the Shah House?" Anuj put his fork down and heaved a sigh. He removed his pilot-framed glasses and said, "Anupama's infectious smile has increased my hopes yet I am scared to hope. It has always crushed me down... I want her to reach great heights on her own merit. It's time she gets her due, GK. I know she will make the right decision and she dares to do that. I just wish she can open up about her fears. This is a golden opportunity and from where she comes this is going to be a long ride." GK looked on at him. Anuj understood the implying question and so he said, "Let life takes its course, GK. It was a mistake back then and now it would be stupidity." His tone changed as he recalled the morning incident, "Something is unnerving about the Shahs except for Samar, Kinjal, and Nandini. I would like you to stay away from them. I would like to avoid them as far as possible, especially after my encounter that day as Vikram's encounter did raise my alarms."

"Jo raah kahin pe hai hi nahin
Uss raah see roz guzarta hai
Dil umeed see darta hai
Na jaane phir umeed kyun karta hai"

GK asked, "What if.." The question was understood by Anuj and he replied, "I want Anu to decide without any undue influence. That has to be her call. I did what I had to and as far as I know, she is aiming for the stars. If she refuses then I'll honour her decision. Let's wait till tomorrow." GK spoke up nodding his head dismissively, "I hope you find your answers soon, Anuj."  The twirling of the magnets stopped and Anuj just nodded his head. The lunch was long over. He made his way towards his room before making sure that GK had enough rest. An afternoon nap. Anuj decided to look through his other projects to distract himself. However, Anuj could not bring himself to focus on work after trying for an hour. He took a deep breath and smiled for he knew what he had to do. He walked towards the makeshift studio and looked at the clay that had just arrived a day earlier. The tools were removed and a bowl of water was placed along with a rotating shaft. Soon he immersed himself in sculpting as he believed when nothing works it's better to devote yourself to the supreme being. A belief that had been passed down by his mother.

Sindhu Bhavan Marg, Ahmedabad

Anupama's Ashiyana

Samar, Kinjal, and Baapuji were looking at the closed door of  Anupama's room. She seemed to be in a dilemma and was lost in her thoughts. They were ecstatic when they got the news of an equal Partnership being offered to her. Thus they arrived at her upscale penthouse to celebrate. However, they were surprised to find complete serenity. They were stunned to see Samar sitting alone on the sofa. Baapuji and Kinjal got the gist of the matter. Kinjal spoke up, "Mummy, is getting such a big opportunity. Instead of being happy for her..How can they do this?" and she trailed off. Baapuji heaved a sigh and said, "This isn't new Kinjal. This has been happening for centuries. The progress of women has always faced oppression and suppression through the medium of societal shackles." Samar interjected, "Why? Mummy only has to fight battles at every stage of her life." Baapuji comforted him and said, "This is Anupama's battle. She has to stand up as well as speak up for herself." Samar said knowingly, "Buddy, met Rockstar after twenty-six years and he saw through her talent. And what the family sees is just a friend. Like seriously?" Baapuji gave a rueful smile and said, "I'll be honest here. I never expected to see such a cheap mentality in my own family."  He hoped Vanraj would have moved on but here he was detesting Anupama's progress. The regressive nature left him aghast and worried. He knew he had issues with Anupama but never understood the depth of it.  He was disgusted and ashamed but he also knew that Anupama had changed drastically and so he hoped that she would make the right choice.