𝙓𝙄𝙑 |𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙈𝙚𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜|

Thaltej, Ahmedabad

Anuj's Aaransh

Anuj and GK returned home after a scrumptious dinner at Anupama's house. The ride home was a quiet one except for the engine and the whirring sounds of the magnet. Anuj was bubbling with myriad emotions. Anuj had freshened up and got ready into his night suit. He was sitting in his dimly lit study. His eyes were filled with remorse as his mind was still stuck on the fiasco created by Vanraj Shah. He had come face to face with the person who had left a scar on his Anu's heart in an unexpected manner. The altercation between Samar, Vanraj, and Anupama gave him an inkling about the changing dynamics of relationships. He felt proud of Anupama as he could see the fire within her. She had surely outgrown herself. She was different from the timid college-going girl that he had known. Samar, the young lad had left him tongue-tied with the way he gave back to that vile man, who was Samar's father. Vanraj Shah appeared as a self-centered and obnoxious person who lacked mannerisms along with decorum. Anuj found the elder couple to be contrasting opposites.

Anuj was brought out of his reverie when he felt a warm and affectionate hand over his shoulder. It was GK who had come to check on him. Anuj sighed and held onto his old wrecked hands. "Are you thinking about them?" asked GK. The debacle had given them an insight into the nature of Anupama's ex-in-laws. Anuj nodded his head and spoke, "I wished I had the courage years back to ask her out." He further continued, "The exchange of words gave me a clear indication of a strained relationship that was held onto just for the sake of the kids. I wonder about what she might have gone through all these years. Today after all these years, I felt as if Maa was right there in front of me..." He trailed off and a tear rolled down his eye. GK wiped it off and completed Anuj's statement. "A lot of her nuances resemble the poise and finesse that Gayatri had." and consoled him. "Maa used to sing lullabies and leave her blessings beneath the pillow. I never thought that the one who used to leave behind her blessings would leave me forever. Then Dad left. I found you, Mummy." GK wiped his tears and spoke, "You did everything by yourself after Anand passed away." Anuj took a pause and removed his specs, "I just worked hard, GK. Maybe my dedication was liked by Kanhaji and so my talent was noticed by a man who supported me at the beginning of my career." GK covered him with Gayatri's shawl that was lying there on the couch. He cajoled Anuj lovingly and soon both of them fell asleep.

Sindhu Bhavan Road, Ahmedabad

Anupama's Ashiyana

"Mummy, I am sorry." spoke Samar as he back-hugged Anupama who was standing in the balcony seeking a moment of solace under the moonlit sky. Samar had noticed that his hug was left unreciprocated and he knew that she had been hurt. He knew he had acted out impulsiveness yet he was caught up in a dilemma that had begun to give him a burgeoning headache. He held onto his mother's warmth with one hand as he rubbed his temples with the other hand. The loosened hug made Anupama turn around and saw a flicker of discomfort on Samar's face. She held his hands and dragged him to his room. A little later she entered the room with the medicines as Samar lay on the bed with his eyes closed and head resting on the headrest. Samar looked at her and once again spoke softly, "Sorry." Anupama sighed and spoke, "Sleep, Samar. It has been a long day. You need rest."

The dance had drained off Samar albeit with his restricted moves and thus he was fast asleep as soon as he hit the bed. Anupama caressed his hair and wiped the tear that threatened to fall from her eyes. She was disappointed and hurt as she hoped that Samar would act sensibly. A mother's heart held onto courage as she continued with her silent treatment. She had seen the spark in his eyes when Anuj had showered him with unconditional love as her mind recalled the dance as well as the compliment. A crack had healed. There was a sense of contentment yet she was worried about the future as she could clearly see the thing that was next to impossible. It was something beyond her capacity and as a mother, she had given her share of love. It pained her heart yet she was helpless as it was Vanraj's deeds that had given rise to such a decision on Samar's part. The stark differences in the personality of Anuj and Mr. Shah when it came to parental love left her dazed. It left zero space for comparison. The way of dealing with spontaneous matters spot on represented opposites' calmness and chaos. She got up and made her way to the kitchen to fill up the empty bottle. Whilst returning back, her eyes fell on the beautiful marble idol of Kanhaji. She prayed earnestly and expressed her gratitude towards Anuj as she recalled the incidents of the day. "Dhyaan Rakhjo"