𝙓𝙄𝙄 |𝙁𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙫𝙞𝙩𝙞𝙚𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝘽𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙝𝙙𝙖𝙮 |

Thaltej, Ahmedabad

Anuj returned home grinning like a Cheshire Cat. He was feeling a myriad of emotions. They were so close yet so far. He saw his Anu, his Anupama after ages. She looked so resplendent yet there was a peculiar pain in her eyes. He sat down on the sofa and closed his eyes with a smile that was lingering. GK smiled as he was seeing Anuj genuinely happy after ages. There were rare instances when Anuj's smile would truly reach his face. He caressed his hair lovingly. "Are you thinking about her?" asked GK. Anuj fished out his phone and forwarded it to GK who looked at the photographs and the video. He was stunned as he took a look at Anupama, the girl who had ruled and continues to rule his son's heart all these years. There was a certain kind of poise and grace that she possessed.

"It was hard for me to believe that I was dancing with her and that too after ages." spoke up Anuj as he removed his coat and walked towards his room to freshen up. There was a hope that had been rekindled in the old father's heart. GK looked at Kanhaji and muttered "Dhyaan Rakhjo" as this was indicating a divine play. He made his way to the kitchen to prepare some warm milk along with Anuj's medicines. He sighed as Anuj could be careless at times. The silence indicated a headache. Anuj had changed into his night suit. He walked up to the cabinet in his room whose rollers had been jammed. A convenient lie that he had muttered all these years. He had abstained himself all these years but today he felt overpowered by strong emotions and removed a red leather diary that had a golden foiled peacock feather. He opened the page where the laminated rose had been placed as a bookmark. The diary had more blank pages as the entries covered twenty pages. He remembered the incidents crystal clear as if they had happened yesterday. He looked at it blankly. Anuj had left hope long back and would continue to do the same.

Anuj sighed as he shook his head to clear away his thoughts. He closed his diary and kept it back. This was something unacceptable yet he found himself swaying off track. His thoughts went to Anupama. He had questions as to her past yet the right was missing. Though the inhibitions were eased out something was missing. He had a lot to say as a friend yet felt himself out of words. The pain in her eyes bothered him yet the distance between the hearts stopped him. The hesitance was still there. She was still the same yet so much was different. The thought of the Shah Couple made him remember something that was purely business. He decided to ask out Devika and Vikram the next day. Anuj removed his mother's shawl from the bottom shelf of the sliding closet and called out to GK, who entered the room with things that were Anuj's bedtime routine. Anuj gulped down the medicines with a warm cup of milk and held onto GK. Soon both the father and son duo were fast asleep.

Sindhu Bhavan Road, Ahmedabad

Anupama's Ashiyana

Anupama entered the house only to find Samar wide awake awaiting her. She looked at him in disbelief as it was too late. It was a routine that they had developed post-divorce. They would talk about their day before bedtime. Sometimes as friends and sometimes as mother and son. "Mummy, you freshen up. I'll get us some tea." Anupama was baffled as ever since he started staying with her, he had shown an interest in cooking and the first thing that he had learned was tea. Though she could sense that he was disturbed yet was putting up a brave face. Nevertheless, she knew her way with words and so soon she would know the issue bothering her Bakhuda.

The mother and son due settled themselves on the sofa as soon as Anupama freshened up. There was a different kind of glow on her face and a curve that had been there for a long time to which Samar smiled. He took her hands into his and spoke, "Mummy, looks like the party was truly enjoyable for you." Anupama nodded her head in agreement as she took her phone out and showed him the pictures. The moments and love that were photographed. She went ahead to narrate the tales of her college and the characteristics that her batchmates had. The sparkle in her eyes made Samar ecstatic. "Wow, Such a graceful dance." exclaimed Samar as he saw the video of Anuj and Anupama dancing. "Who is he?" asked Sam. "Wait, Wait is he AK, as in Anuj Kapadia, one of the richest business tycoons? He was your classmate?" Samar finished his questionnaire, and he widened his eyes in recognition. Anupama stiffened at the question yet answered, "Fantastic Four, We were a group in college. Me, Devika, Vikram, and Anuj." Anupama took a sip of her tea and further continued, "We used to bunk classes and used to hang out together in college. We had a different yet fixed menu at the cafe nearby the college. I used to order Maska Bun and Chai, Vikram his Paneer roll, Devika her juice and Cheese Chilly Garlic Sandwich, and Anuj, his coffee and tea cake. Those were the golden days. Devika and I were pranking partners, whereas with Vikram and Anuj it has always been a certain kind of protection. Devika and Vikram did come around as I had abandoned all my relationships after my marriage with your father. But Anuj.." and she trailed off. Samar could sense her apprehensions as there was more to the story, so he decided to let it slide for now. He realized that this was his Rockstar that had been hidden all these years. He squeezed her hands and spoke, "Give it some time." Anupama smiled for Samar is the most sensible person.