The Next Adventure

For 6 months I sailed with Jack to one place after the other. We went across the Seven Sees and watched every horizon together. The adventures we had together brought us closer to eachother. Sometimes they brought us too close. I made myself a promise that I wouldn't let myself get seduced and hurt by Captain Jack Sparrow. Jack was a womanizer and when in Tortuga he got with every women he could get. The thought of that made me throw up. So I surpressed my feelings for him and pretended that they were not even there. Although Jack had tried several times to take me to his bed, I resisted. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I was stupid enough to give in to his seductiveness.

There was a specific moment that made me realise that I wanted to go back to Port Royal to my brother, at least for a while. Just to be away from Jack. I know I was falling for him, and I needed to stop it. It was on a starry summer night. I was standing behind the rudder wearing a loose white blouse and brown pants. Jack taught me how to steer the ship, which I was very proud of. I looked at the map in the sky made by the stars. It showed me exactly which direction to head to go to Tortuga, which was our destination at the time. I heard someone going up the stairs next to me. Listening to the way he was walking, I could already hear that it was Jack. 'Good evening, Captain.' I said and greeted him as his face appeared next to me lit by the light of the stars and the moon. 'Why so formal?' He asked and walked up behind me. His hands covered my hands from behind so we were helding the rudder together. I could feel his body press against my back and it made me shiver. His hand let go of mine and reached in his pocket to reveal his compass. 'You wanna navigate?' He asked as he whispered in my ear. 'No thanks, I have the stars as my compass.' I said and smiled. 'Please, give it a try.' He held the compass in front of my face. I sighed and grabbed the compass. His hands wrapped around my waist from behind as I opened the compass. It turned and spinned and wasn't pointing north. 'I think I broke it.' I said as the compass pointed south. 'No, no. Haven't I told you? It's a special compass.' Jack said and he smiled against my neck. His breath felt warm. 'It's pointing south.' I said and turned to look at Jack. 'Not exactly. It's pointing at me.' I looked at the compass and then I looked back at Jack. 'But why?' I said. 'Because...' He said and his grip around my waist tightened and he pulled me closer, the compass being pressed between us. 'the compass points to the thing you want most, which is me.' I looked at him with wide eyes and he returned a seductive smile. 'No, it's just broken.' I said and tried to sound convincing. 'I'm sorry, love. I am telling the truth. I am the thing, in this case, person, you want most.' He emphasized the word 'want'. He brought his face closer to mine and my heart beated heavily in my chest. I wanted to kiss him so bad, but I knew I couldn't let myself get carried away. I quickly turned around and avoided his gaze. He pushed himself against me from behind and moved my hair to the side to press his lips against my neck. I shivered and sighed. 'Jack...' 'Yes, my love?' He answered. 'I don't know if I can do this.' I said. He stopped kissing my neck and turned me around. 'Why?' I grabbed his hand and opened it to give him the compass back. I didn't want to sound dramatic or helpless, but I answered: 'I don't know. It just doesn't feel right at the moment.' He looked at me with a puzzeled face. 'I don't think I understand you, Y/N. It feels like the right moment to me.' He tried to grab my hand, but I pulled away. 'I think it is better for me to return to Port Royal. Besides, I really do miss Will.' I avoided his gaze, turned around and walked away as I felt his eyes pierce at me from behind. Jack looked at his compass and sighed when he saw which direction it was pointing. His eyes followed Y/N as she went below deck to get some rest, and so did the compass...

A week later we arrived at Port Royal. Although it hurt, I avoided Jack as much as I could. He tried several times to speak to me, but I wouldn't let him. Everytime I thought of some excuse to wave him off. We berthed the Black Pearl at the docks for me to enter my home place once again. I breathed the salty air from the place I once called home. I turned around to face the Black Pearl and deepdown realised that the ship had become my new home. I felt in my blood that I was meant to be a pirate. Jack walked off the ship and stood next to me. 'So, this is goodbye then.' He said and he sounded awkward. 'I guess.' I said. I turned to face him and he did the same. 'I-' I said, but Jack cut me off: 'Y/N', you don't have to say anything.' I looked him in his eyes. 'It's more than understandable that you want to see your brother and spent time with him. It's called 'family' or something, I believe.' I laughed and he smiled back. 'I really enjoyed the time aboard your ship, Captain Sparrow.' I said. He grabbed my waist and pulled me closer. 'I did too.' He said. I was a little startled by his sudden gesture. He brought his face closer to mine and I instinctively did the same. I could feel his breath on my lips as our lips almost touched.