Introduction

I quickly ran into my doorstep running away from the heavy rains outside quickly closing my umbrella as soon as I entered my cozy apartment. Phew, it's been a long day. Thank God it's Friday night. We'll you'd think I'd be going out tonight but no, my life is really that boring trust me. I locked the door and threw my bag on the couch and started getting comfortable. I was so lazy so I decided to order some pizza from the nearby restaurant, well I feel sorry for the delivery man he has to go through all this weather but what can I do, I'm hungry.

_

I woke up in a very bad mood today as the sun shinned directly on my face through the window. One would swear it didn't just rain cats and dogs last night, but I love the sunshine though. It serves as a reminder that dark may come but light will always be there at the end of the tunnel.

Sorry, where are my manners? Let me introduce my self. My name is Melanie Parker, Mel for short. I'm 24 years old and my story takes place in New York, right in the Manhattan. I'm a lawyer by occupation. As you might have guessed I'm a loner in this world, I have a couple of "friends" maybe, I don't know. But I know a few people. I grew up in an abusive home, no one in my family ever made me feel loved honestly. My parents, both mother and father sent me off to live at my aunts who passed on a few months ago. May her soul rest in peace, she was a wonderful woman my mother could never be.

I moved in with my aunt at the age of 15 because I was simply too much for my own family so she took me in. I was the only girl in 3 boys, the baby of the family you'd say. So I have three older brothers Ray, Ace then Levi and then me. My father never loved me and my mother never stood up for me when I was being treated unfairly. So when my father decided to send me away my mother didn't even defend of fight for me. Let's not even talk about my brother's, they not any better. Imagine being bullied by your own brothers all the time and your mother turning a blind eye to it. Sucks right? I know.

I think that's enough information for the day. Walk with me through this journey of life filled with sorrow, happiness, true love, heartbreak, lossing and triumphs.