Melanie & Marco

Mel's pov
*Night time 21:00*
"Melanie! Hurry up please!!" yelled an impatient Bethany from the lounge. I fixed my black beautiful dress that fitted me perfectly in all the right places.

"coming! I'm almost done" I yelled from my bedroom.
"what the fuck are you still doing?" she yelled annoyed.
"geez Bethany! Calm the fuck down." I said coming into view.

When her eyes landed on me her jaw dropped. Okay... What's up with her? "what's up with you?" I feel the need to say.
"what kind of question is that? Have you seen how good you look? You look stunning babe!!" she said coming to where I was standing embracing me in a tight hug.

"thank you, let's get going."

She took my hand and we got into Dante's car. Dante wasn't there because he had some work to do so we would meet him at the venue. Well if you are wondering who Dante is it's Beth's boyfriend. I'd like to say Dante is a cool guy and he is  Damien's best friend. Damien doesn't know yet but I bet he will flip when he finds out.

We arrived at the beautiful venue. It was a place for the elites. When Bethany and I got out of the limo Dante and Damien  were already  waiting for us. Damien grabbed his little sisters hand and Dante took mines in his. I could see the sad look in Beth's eyes, she wanted to be with Dante, just like I wished to be with Marco.

Fuck!! What the hell is wrong with me!? I hate him. Melanie you fucken hate him now act right and stop thinking about him.

I say to myself. We get inside the venue and there's soft music playing. I see couples dancing in the center of the room, they look so beautiful and breathtaking.

I wish that was me with my special somebody.

Fuck stop thinking about love, you don't love anyone.
_

Damien and Dante introduced us to a couple of their business partners and associates. To be honest I was bored, very bored.

"and ladies meet Katherine, one of my clients." said Damien. I don't know if it was only me but I saw Damien's face turn cold. I looked at bethany to see if she saw it too and she just nodded. Okay she just confirmed that something was indeed going on between those two.

"aren't you with Marco or something?" the dangerously beautiful lady asked me throwing daggers at me. Okay what wrong with her?

Before I could say a thing Damien interrupted "No, she's actually with me now." he snarled with a smirk and I thought I saw the ladies expression change.

I understood what Damien was doing very well. He was trying to make this lady jealous and I was going to play along.
I flashed a smile at her but she didn't return it back.

"honey... Let's dance shall we?" I asked looking at him. He smirked at me and we hit the center to where all couples were dancing, he put his arm around my waist and his hand in mine and I put my other hand on his chest. I won't lie, Damien is a good dancer.

"thank you" he uttered.
"dont sweat it." I danced with him smiling. He acted like he was whispering sweet nothing to me and I played along acting as if we are a couple.

We continue dancing until I saw someone who looked familiar, not that I've seen them before but he looked like someone I knew.

I know him. It was Ray, my older brother. Thankfully he wasn't looking at me so I looked to see who he is standing next to and I saw the man that hated my guts from a very young age. Till this day I still don't understand why he hated me.

It was my father, no my sperm donor.
I got nervous when I saw him looking right ahead at me, I tried to keep a straight face and acted as if I didn't see him. Emotions that I thought were buried deep within me surfaced all over again. Feelings of