Chapter 2: The Hospital

They had been cooped up in the van for a while, driving to the nearest hospital from the middle of nowhere. They all stepped out of the van, Bella's arms were wearing out, the strength of them. Bella had stopped crying, trying to look presentable.

Alice was walking into the hospital with Jacob, they were in front of everybody else. She had a breath of fresh air and had full clarity. Everyone was too sad and worried to think.

That's when it dawned on her, Bella. She was the newest vampire, still acclimating to rationing and controlling her blood intake. A hospital emergency room could trigger her to go on a rampage. Even Renesmee, she is an immortal child, she could destroy everyone in this room now.

They put Renesmee in her own room, there were 3 doctors in the room, Rosalie gave them arm in the container. They were examining the usability of the arm. Alice sighed in relief when finding out she wasn't exposed to all those patients.

...

Rosalie walked out of the room to see Jasper, Carlisle was there waiting and saw Alice coming over. He lied down on the bed in the emergency room, closing the curtains to block out the smell and sight of blood. The doctor came over, all she had to do was to move around a bone or two and the rib will be back in place.

"Are there any complications, Doctor" Rosalie asked.

This made the doctor silent; she handed them forms. They had already seen these many times before. "Are these consent forms?" Alice asked.

Alice signed the consent form, they wheeled Jasper away into a room.

...

Jacob pulled out his phone, Bella and Edward didn't care enough to look, the doctors still taking their sweet time to examine the detached arm. Jacob scrolled through his phone, finding his contacts. His finger hesitating and circling over a contact, it was Charlie.

The doctors stood up, looking serious, Jacob putting his phone away in his pocket, finally back in reality. Two of the doctors left, with the arm in a bag filled with almost a pound of ice.

"I have to ask you something. How was her arm amputated? Answer truthfully, if you don't it could affect the procedure." She said while looking at Bella and Edward, completely disregarding Jacob who was cooped up in the corner.

"Uh, oh. Truth?" Jacob scoffed. None of the Cullen's could tell the truth if their life depended on it. The one thing he hated about them. Edward shot him a nasty look.

Just when Jacob thought that he and Edward were starting to warm up to each other. Bella held on to Edward's hand, trying to calm him down. She was trying to think on how to answer. The doctor was about to speak, but Bella knew what to say now.

Bella put on tears, partly fake, but somewhat genuine.

"I found her like this, the bloody knife on the floor, her standing on a stepstool. I made everything in the house childproof, I don't know how she got there." She cried out in pain, her head in her open palms.

Edward and Jacob going along with her narrative, comforting her.

...

Jasper was in his room. The doctor was standing over him, placing her hands in the perfect position to fix the dislocation

Her hand on his hip, his stomach and pieces of his chest exposed. He moved his back on the hospital bed, itching his arm, feeling like he was infested with bedbugs.

She moved her hands quickly, so he wasn't expecting it when she fixed his rib.

He let out a small groan at the pain, then letting out a sigh. He sat up, the doctor tried to get him to lay back down but he stayed up. "Can I leave, I already feel better." He spoke.

She nodded in agreement, taking a pen and signing his discharge papers, she walked him out of the room. There sat Rosalie, Alice, and Carlisle in the waiting room.

She and Jasper were walking, Jasper falling a little behind.

Alice ran up to Jasper, tightly hugging him. Him trying to hold in a groan of pain. Rosalie and Carlisle getting out of their chairs. Alice had let go of Jasper, realizing she was causing him discomfort. They both smiled and pulled away. Rosalie and Carlisle were next to Jasper, sneaking in a group hug, Carlisle on the right, Rosalie on his left.

The doctor handed Alice a few bandages and some anti-bacterial cream.

Bella and Edward walked out of Renesmee's room, a mysterious and unreadable expression on their faces, dried up tears on Bella's face.

(A/N): Updates will probably be every 3-4 days because I have another project that is in development.