Chp. 9 | The Resting Phase

_________________________________

The Resting Phase

__________________________________

The moment you and Eddie had arrived back to his place, you were already storming inside.

"Y/n." Eddie pleaded.

The door slammed in his face. He stood there for a moment with his head held down. His hand reached up pinching the bridge of his nose. No, he's never seen you mad. Maybe, that was a good thing. He took a deep breath and opened the door walking in. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

"Y/n..?" He said more cautiously and more softer.

Eddie scanned the living room for you, including the kitchen connected to it. He closed the door behind himself and walked towards his bedroom. Just to find you holding your head in your hands. He stood there silently for a moment. "Y'know it gets funnier..I'm always finding you retreating to my room." He joked. You get he was trying to lighten the mood, it was very sweet to be considerate. "Eddie."

His eyes lightened up when he looked at you. "Yeah..?" You looked up at him with a dead stare. Fucking christ, I can't decide if she is hot or scary when she's mad. "Shut up."—"Right." He gave you a tight smile before sitting at the edge of the bed with you. The silence was loud between the two of you and it irked Eddie's soul. "Listen, if you want me to be honest, I'm impressed." He joked, again. You sighed into laughter. Eddie looked at you confused, Yeah, it's definitely both. He exhaled, "Y/n why are you upset-?"

"Because! This was exactly what I knew what was going to happen." You groaned in frustration while looking at the palm of your hands. "Why didn't you say anything then?" His brows knitted together. You didn't know at this point, before, your reasoning was to keep your friends safe. Now that reason is completely trashed and tarnished. "I don't know.." You muttered. "I wanted to keep them safe, knowing Steve back when he was..Off the rails, he would've done anything stupid." You shook your head. Eddie looked at you and wrapped a arm around you. "You wanna know why i'm impressed." You looked at him as if you were going to burn a hole straight through him if he said the wrong thing. "Because you didn't let him control you anymore." Your eyes softened, "Y/n you left him, I don't know the details no, but, you left him behind you like he was nothing." He gave you a comforting smile. "That's not something easily done. Especially if you loved him." He squeezed his arm against you a little bit. You gave a soft defeated look and you let your head fall onto Eddie's shoulder. "Nothing more needs to happen..I can't run from my problems anymore. I need to fix what I started."—"You have more balls than me going up to Billy like that." He joked, you snickered in the silence. "I don't consider it that way, but whatever floats your boat Eddie." You sighed, looking up at Eddie in contentment. He smiled back at you, "Y'know what would fix this right now?" He offered. You amused him humming in response. "A good ass joint." You gave him a look, "You're a bad influence on me Munson." He laughed at your partial joke, "Yeah, well apparently not bad enough, if it helps."