Chp. 10 | Negotiation

________________________________

                              Negotiation

 ________________________________                                      Negotiation

The arrival to the school felt short, but the pit that was festering in your stomach did not get better over the course of the car ride. You didn't want to lie to Eddie about what plans you had to fix this issue which had your blood boiling. But for his sake, he shouldn't know that you planned to speak to Billy again. You hopped out of the van and fixed the back of your hair that had frizz from leaning against the seat. Eddie walked over to you wrapping his arms around your waist before giving you a peck on the lips. When he pulled away you looked up at him in confusion. "What was that for?"

"Just a reminder to be safe." He hummed as a grin formed on his face. You smiled and nodded before walking away from the long haired man. The kiss felt like it had a hint of jealousy behind it and protectiveness. You loved that. But Eddie truly didn't have anything to worry about with Steve. You knew where Harrington was and it was exactly where Hargrove was as well. You took a deep breath as you walked the hallways of Hawkins before entering the gymnasium. All the guys were having a small basketball match. You watched the from afar mainly keeping your eyes focused on Steve who was toe to toe with Billy. He still had bruising from the black eye that Billy had given him. It made you wonder what excuse he gave the teachers when he had walked into the school. But probably knowing Harrington's history. They didn't ask at all.

Your attention was brought back to the game when Steve was knocked down which made you jump up to his defense, before stopping yourself. Him and Billy were having a good stare down as he helped Steve up. Steve brushed himself off when the coach blew his whistle, ending the game. You look at Steve waving your arms to grab his attention. Which it worked, but in the process you also grabbed Billy's attention. He noticed you were waving Steve down and leered over at you before walking to the locker rooms. Steve ran over, "Y/n what are you doing in here?" He warned, clearly worried about Billy. "Relax Steve I just wanted to ask a few questions, like why haven't you told me about your feud with Billy from before?" He was speechless and confused. "What are you talking about?"-"How long have you and Billy been antagonizing each other."

"It's been a while, since Nancy of course."

"Why didn't you tell me anything? You literally could've warned me about him."

"Hey listen, it's not my fault you made the stupidest decision on dating the bastard."

Your eyes flared with fire behind them. "Always worried about yourself Harrington." You seethed quietly under your breath. "Y/n I didn't mean it like that.." He realizes the mistake he had made. It wasn't Steve's fault you fell for the boy, but as someone you look at as a brother you always warned him about how he acted. What it would get him into. Especially when it came to advice with Nancy. It was wrong to blame him, you will admit. But that doesn't help the fact he's been hiding his feud with Billy. Now it's a giant ass mess between you and Billy. You took a large breath in before speaking, "No more hiding stuff Steve. I fucked up, it's clear to day. But now i'm protecting myself from him and you battling this for me? Isn't helping."