ONE

Inka was dragged into the large palace courtyard and some of the lower nephilims scurried away at the sight of her.

They'd never seen anything like this, never even heard of it.

Seated on the royal throne was the king,glaring at the princess who bowed low,her sobs echoing in the spacious yard.

The queen raised her hand towards the guards at the entrance and they opened the gliding doors to allow the Eye in.

The Eye was a powerful nephilim whose feets never touched the ground despite the non use of his wings and was held in high regard. He was considered an all seeing being,a fragment of God.

Surely, he'd know what was going on.

The Eye took a glance at the Princess and positioned himself beside the King.

"Rise" He calmly called to the Princess.

Inka pushed herself few inches above the ground and on seeing her Halo,the king gasped.

"Her Halo" He muttered to the the Eye who shook his head in dismay.

"Your intimate partner is not a nephilim" he declared and dramatic gasps filled the yard.

"Who is he?" The king bellowed at the princess who recoiled and kept her gaze fixed to the ground.

"Princess Inka,we cannot guess what sort of lifeform lives within you. Tell us" The Eye prodded in his usual calm tone.

Inka sniffed repeatedly,her heart growing warm within her.

She'd always known that her decision to be with Drak would bring nothing but trouble.

She had been willing to fight all odds for the sake of their love. She had idea she could mother a child for a non nephilim.

The thought had never crossed her mind. She'd been taught that nephilims were sterile when it came to them being parents with other creatures.

Her thoughts were cut off when the Eye stooped to her eye level and muttered in a low voice that only her could hear.

"Speak!"

His voice had lost its calmness and was filled with stoic,steel sharp hardness.

Inka raised her head to look at him and the Eye stumbled back in horror.

"Cambions!" He yelled. His voice held panic.

"She got intimate with an offspring of Incubus!" The Eye declared and a round of gasps filled the yard again.

The Queen's head drooped in sorrow. Her biggest fear was confirmed!

She'd had her guess when her Halo had cracked in half.

Inka's sobs grew louder as she apologized profusely.

"I loved him,I'm sorry father"

The king stood up from his throne and every nephilim bowed low to the ground.

The sky went cloudy,loud thunder boomed and lightning flashed sporadically.

Inka felt herself being lifted into the air and she shivered in the light of her father's sovereignty.

"You have failed heaven!" He said,his voice sounding like the rush of a thousand waters.

Inka burst into fresh tears, shutting her eyes in fear and her mother's voice was heard appealing to the angered king of heaven.

"You threw away my love for a Cambion,you threw away your mandate for a beast!" The king thundered and Inka's whimpers turned into full blown sobs.

The king's gaze fixed on her helpless form. Despite his anger,all he saw was his precious Inka,the sole princess and the replica of the Queen.

Inka's half Halo began glowing and she let out a loud scream as bright light flowed from the king into her lifeform.

The queen stared at the scene in shock as she realized what the king was doing.

He wasn't trying to kill her,he was instead giving her angel part more power to carry the child.

Inka's sobs lessened and her eyes opened. Her Iris glowed red and her wings flayed free,their color as dark as night.

The King gently released her from his hold and set her on her feet.

The Queen stifled a smile of relief but the Eye wasn't sharing in her momentary motherly happiness.

"Your highness, she's an abomination"
The Eye said with gritted teeth and the King gave a low chuckle,his garments making a sharp swooshing sound as he turned for the throne.

"She's my daughter"

*.      *.      *.      *.      *.      *.      *.      *.      *.
"Brighten up brother" Khaos' voice snapped Drak out of his reverie.

He'd been thinking about Inka,his beloved.

A relationship like theirs could destroy a lot of things but they were willing as long as they aren't bringing anyone into it.

He'd met her at the Oblivion,you know,the one between heaven and hell or as humans would call it,Death.

The space between your death and transitioning during which your soul tries to fathom what was going on.

She'd been there to return a soul to earth for it purpose hadn't been complete and He was there solely to see the host of heaven do their thing.

Since he was a kid, he'd always taken a special liking to seeing them being cheesy and saving souls.

Up there,it was all hymns and praises all day long.

He'd seriously get so bored that he'd kill somebody if he had to live up there .

Nephillims were so holy,so untouched that most of the time,the cambions and the like beasts couldn't stand in their presence.

His kinds were lucky creatures cause you see, they're born of all three factors that comprises a lifeform

The body,mind and soul.

Their ancestors,the Incubus and succubus were sterile with each other and had to find humans with so much as the littlest spirituality to satisfy their forever raging sexual urges.

And since the King of heaven created human with some of himself, it'd only require a mix of evil,the third factor to create a lifeform that could live forever.

He has given thought to how crazy it'd be if he ever had a child with Inka.

Being a Cambion,his and Inka's child would have unlimited power but he knew it wouldn't happen.

Their kinds were supposedly sterile with each other also.

Khaos dragged a large part of the tapestry and flung it at him. He caught it deftly and hung it on the wall.

When they were done,he knew he'd be too engrossed in his thoughts again so he set out for the one place he knew he could feel a little bit of peace and take a break from the incessant screams that abode his surroundings.

Oblivion.

Hello my loves,welcome to this story with me. I'm glad you're reading and I hope you're enjoying it.

Please vote after reading every chapter. It takes less than a second to do so.

And please follow me,I want more followers.

That being said,let's go back to the story 💃❤️

Love _ Crowner