FIVE

It was a hard day for the Cambions. Even the ones who took pleasure in going to Earth;the sphere between,stayed back that day.

It was the day of her birth,the child who could change everything. Either unite heaven & hell in an inexplicable way or give them an edge against the oppression of heaven.

All the dignataries of the seven heavens,the other twenty three Kings of heaven & the sixteen elders of heaven we're fortifying themselves against the abomination that was coming into the world on this day.

In the crevices of Khaos' home,Inka writhed in intense pains. Her baby was ready to be born.

Drak was a mess and his worry showed in all his actions. He'd asked the elders for everything that could possibly go wrong and he was terrified that Inka could get hurt.

He knelt beside her on the cot made from her fallen feathers & cradled her. Her occasional grunts filling him with anticipation every time.

In his worry,he slumbered off.

Khaos, happening to come in then,stared at the lovers. His heart was set on helping Inka in every way he could.

She looked so vulnerable and light. He knew Drak loved her and he slightly felt jealous of them.

With the child,they'll be a beautiful family of half light,half darkness and if fate decided otherwise,he knew they'd do everything to protect their little one.

Centuries ago,he'd given up on his own woman. He'd been addicted to humans. It was a shameful thing and he hurt his wife greatly. He loved their ignorance and the way they reacted to his sexual touches without even realizing it.

His wife,Karronne,had willingly left to the sphere in between and asked him to leave her alone. He'd struggled with his addiction but then Drak was brought to him and he had to raise him by leading by example.

Deep in his thoughts,he didn't notice the sudden brightness in the room and when he did,he turned to the source only to see Inka glowing so brightly.

Her half Halo shone blindingly and the dead half glowed red. Drak was awoken by the heat it emitted and he shrunk back from her in fear.

Inka's eyes flew open and she let out a scream that shook the very foundations of the room.

Drak tried to grab her but Khaos cut him off,dragging him out of the room.

"Run & get an elder Drak. She's going out of control" he ordered and Drak dashed out of his sight to do as he's told.

In the room, Inka's screams turned to mournful cries as she struggled to push the child out of her.

In her state,she reached out her hand to Khaos whose eyes were brim with tears. He held onto her hand and encouraged her to hold on to him.

"Drak has gone to get help, he'll be back soon. Be strong for him"

"She's coming" Inka breathed.

"How'd you know she's a she?" Khaos joked and she wryly smiled.

"She's sucking the life out of me"

"Easy now sweet one" Khaos cajoled.

Drak burst in,panting.

An elderly witch was with him.

She knelt beside Inka,holding her hand in hers.

"The child is almost here,bright one. Just heave"

Inka reached for Drak who moved to her side and cradled her head in his laps. She looked up at him and their eyes locked.