chapter 1

It wasn't any extraordinary day, I mean it's just like any other day. Come back from school, ready for whatever to happen and sleep.

Maybe just a quick introduction, my name is Luke and well, I'm just an average, normal highschool student who definitely isn't popular in school, I do not come from a rich home, not good looking or anything.

School is as okay as it can be, there are the cool kids, average kids and very tired looking teachers. Same day, same things.

Well at home, it's always quiet, just for a few hours though before my siblings return and my mum doesn't return until evening.

I'm 16 by the way, will be graduating in seven months. I know, crazy right. Okay maybe not crazy, but cool. I suppose? don't blame me, it's just because my whole life in highschool has been pretty quiet and unsocial, no fun, nothing. Don't worry, you will get to know why soon enough.

Coming up the stairs, I walk quietly to my room.

It's noting extravagant, just simple. I don't own much either because of the things that has been happening over the last few years.

A simple type sized bunk bed was situated in the middle of the room, well except it doesn't have an up bed like a normal bunk. By the wall opposite the bed is a two door wardrobe where normal people keep their clothes obviously.

On the other side of the room, I have a little desk and chair for studying. I study a lot though but few months back, I find teachers telling me to study more. Don't worry, I'm a capable student. I like studying, specifically equations, they are like mental therapy to me, don't worry, I'm not that weird. I'm not a nerd though, okay maybe, just a little a bit. Yeah

Anyways, there's also a bathroom and a toilet in the room and well I head to the bathroom straightaway. I definitely need that.

And just few, minutes after I am done with my business, I hear the front door open and here comes the siblings. Well, bye-bye peace now.

Now, let me do a little introduction about my siblings.

Paige is 18, final year of highschool and she is the most likely perfect teenager except she shouts a lot, popular, pretty and likely despises my very existence . Please don't ask why cause I also have no idea, she has just been like that.

And there's Lucy, 14, she's really cute and likes to draw a lot. Friendly and considerate of other people. She is quite intelligent and loving, she likes to give a lot of hugs

I'm not a fan of hugs.
Well, it's not like I dislike body contact but well, I dislike body contact, weird, I know.

And I should have probably mentioned this earlier, I have an older brother but he's at college and doesn't come home much. He's cool too but we don't have that much of a relationship, we just kinda drifted apart.

We-

"Luke!!"

Anddd here comes the lady of the hour.

Not a few seconds after, I hear my room door open

"Did you go to my room today?"

"Um, nope", ah geez, why did I have to stutter.

Next thing I knew, my pen was snatched from me. I look up to her, "what now?"

"what now?! My jacket was on the floor", "well it wasn't me" I say standing up from my seat, she yankes me up by my wrist and looks at me.

"So are you're saying it fell on the floor itself?" she says squeezing my wrist little by little and that makes me wince a little, "it wasn't me I swear and please stop hurting my hand. "well I'm not surprised after all, you are jealous cause you don't have one like that" she then leaves my hand angrily and leaves.

I look down to my wrist and rub it with my other hand. Ever since her boyfriend got her that jacket and I said it was pretty she  always said I wanted it secretly. And well not once have I ever wanted that jacket but who would believe me anyways. It hurts, my wrist hurt a lot but it definitely didn't compare to the pain in my heart knowing I have to live life like this. If someone had told me that when I was six and wondering what it was like being a teenager that I'd live such a life, I would have never believed. Other teenagers were falling in love, going to parties and having friends and discovering themselves but here I was struggling to even know what it means to even love oneself. Was there even such a thing? Did it exist? Was that the reason others were so happy and stuff?