chapter 22

All your quirks and all your problems - even your depressions and your failures - that's what makes you you."

I have figured over the last few months when everything seems to have fallen into place, that depression and the way I feel is always going to be there.

Maybe depression never actually goes away,you know,maybe for me it's just another way of coping through certain things and stages of life. Understanding the fact that there were always going to be moments,hours,days when I'd feel extremely sad and empty but I realized that it didn't mean that I didn't have any hope or that I didn't matter,it's just meant that I'm human and that I'm always doing my best.

Progress.

And I wasn't alone anymore,at all.
I had my mom,my brother and even my sisters.
I had my own best friend and someone also important to me that didn't want to give up on me.

I had these people and they had me.

Family.
Friendship.

I wasn't alone after all.

I didn't give up just yet and I wouldn't stop progressing and surviving.

"Mum,did you check the exam result slip that I gave you earlier?" I ask my mom as I enter the kitchen.
For the first time in a long while my mom had a break from work and she was cooking.
Wow.
"Oh,uh I didn't bother checking them. I know you'd do well"
"Oh,but it'd be nice if you actually checked it though"
She turns around and smiles,
"Okay,I will. is that okay?"
"Yes ma'am,thank you"

As I make my way back to my room,I can hear Lucy's voice on the phone with Paige in Andrew's room.
I really think she prefers Andrew's room to hang out in and litter whenever he isn't home. Can't deny that it's funny how he shouts when he returns in the evenings.

Mason and I have become better in our relationship,I speak more now and we hang out a lot in school. He doesn't hang out with those kids anymore and I was worried at first but he said he didn't care if they looked down on him or anything.
I am satisfied and happy.

I smile to myself as I hear a knock on the main door downstairs, I make my way down the stairs and open the door.
"Bruhhhhh" mason shouts while hugging me,this guy always have way too much energy.
"Okay,why are you so excited by the way?"
"You didn't check it yet?"
"Uh,what?"
Before I know it he's dragging me up the stairs to my room. When we get inside,he brings out my laptop and logs onto our school's website,
"The list is out and you haven't checked your name? Dude!"
Ohh
I was so anxious that I totally forgot about the list.
It's been a year and we're finally graduating.
Ha!
Times goes by so fast,right?!
So much has changed.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't notice mason looking at me before he shakes me and I look at him,he has a silly grin on his face and says,
"We did it dude,we're graduating!"
I smile so much that I fear my face would tear.
We did it.
We really did.

If someone had told me a few years back that I'd be happy or have any reason to be, would have laughed so much one would think that I was crazy.
But here I am,smiling so much at the camera with my family,mason and Mira as we take pictures for graduation day.

These important people that I had tried so hard to push away,that I had tried so hard not to care about.
The people I tried to run away from.

They were right here with me and will always be.

So maybe after all,I wasn't lost or broken or forgotten.
I wasn't,at all.

"Hey" Mira says approaching me.
She looks beautiful,as always.
"Hi,happy?"
She smiles, "very"
"So well,I guess cheers to the golden years right?"
"Definitely. To a whole new fresh start"

Exactly.

I realized endings can be beautiful too.

Oh my goodness guys!
This is the last chapter!!
What do you guys think so far?
What's your opinion on the book so far,please share your thoughts.
Thank you for everyone that has been consistent with the book,I really really appreciate you so much.
I love you all peeps.
This ending chapter is also dedicated to these gems;
fabelz52
loki_one_and_only
I love you all though.