chapter 9

Andrew was back.

When he came to my room last night and we had simply greeted each other and he said we'd talk more today. I'm ready for school and I have to go down the stairs outside but I don't think I'm ready to see Andrew.

What if he was right outside my door, or if he was waiting at the stairs.

I mean he's not like Paige, right. He wouldn't hit me, right?

What am I saying, he's my brother. Duh, Paige is also my sister. Oh geez, well I can't miss school anyways, here goes.

My heart races the more as I make my way down the stairs, I didn't see Andrew outside my room and I had looked towards his room but the door was closed.

Seems like Paige and Lucy left already and I didn't hear Andrew either, I let out a breath of relief as I open the main door outside the house and oh...

"what took you so long, I had been waiting here"

Andrew was right outside by his car waiting for me, okay, wasn't expecting that at all.

Sorry bro, I was freaking out.

"oh, I uh, I didn't know you were waiting for me. I thought everyone left already"

"do you always go to school this late and alone?" he says as he gestures for me to enter the car as he goes to enter the driver's side.

Is he taking me to school?

"uh, well. Not late but I go to school alone, Paige and Lucy go ahead alone"
"why?"
Well, my sisters are quite embarrassed of me

"uh, nothing, just, that's how it's been since we got here"

He hums.

Andrew looked different, definitely growth. He looked more handsome and as always he refused to grow his beard, he also looked quite younger than his age.

Any girl would be proud to have him as a brother or boyfriend.

Unlike me.

The ride was silent and it didn't take long to get to school, it was definitely better than walking to school but it was still uncomfortable.

"what time do you leave school today"
"uh, at 4pm. Why?"

"hmm, I'll come get you. Okay?"

"you don't have to though_"

"I'll come, alright. See ya" he says before driving off.

Weird

He really doesn't have to though, what is he planning?

"was that your brother?" mason asks me as we make our way into chemistry class,

"yes, did you see him?"
I had found mason waiting for me by my locker when I walked into school. Apparently, his mum had also dropped him and he saw me get down from the car.

"yh, nice car. You should introduce me, finally i/'ll meet someone from your family, you know as your friend." He says wiggling his eyebrows at me, weirdo.

I look at him and shake my head,

"Class is starting"

He tries to say something but the teacher walks in.

He really won't leave me alone on this one.

4pm came faster than I expected.

Unfair clock, it definitely goes faster when you want to avoid something, hmmph.

Andrew's message came in exactly ten minutes after four, he definitely kept to his word. I had really thought he'd forget at least.

Mason was also standing by me when the message came in so he insisted on coming with me so he could introduce me to Andrew.

Ah geez.

Andrew was sitting in his car when we got to him, I knocked on the glass window so he could open the door.

"hi Andrew"
"hey"
"uh, before we go, I want to introduce someone to you"
"Oh" he says coming out of his car.

"uh, mason, my brother. Andrew, mason"

They both smiled at each other and Andrew shook his hand,

"nice to meet you mason. Are you his friend?"
"yes, I am" mason answers proudly.

This guy, how is that something to be proud of?

I definitely don't still understand him.

Andrew definitely looked surprised, he probably hadn't forgotten how I was with the issue of having friends.

"it is really nice meeting you but I have to go now, my mom's waiting"

"sure, nice to see you too buddy"

That definitely went better than I expected. When we finally left the school, I asked Andrew where we were headed because it was obvious we weren't headed home. He said it was a surprise though and that definitely made me anxious.

Why, you may ask, well.

Those times when Andrew wasn't home, Paige always reported me to him about literally everything and I for one always thought he was the one who always told her to hit me or abuse me verbally. But it was seriously all so confusing right now because he's been acting nice since he got home but that's even more alarming right?

Oh geez, what if he's taking me to a secret place to beat me up and what if Paige was also secretly waiting there?

I shouldn't freak out, I should just keep calm right?

Andrew wouldn't hurt me right?

Whoaaaaaa

What do you all think?

Is Andrew different or is he faking just like Luke suspects?

Comment your answers people.

Thanks, ola