chapter 13

This chapter is dedicated to fabelz52

School today was really brief and mason and I went to the arcade afterwards for some hours, even though I was tired I was grateful because I wouldn't have to go home soon.

I also asked my mom early this morning if I could go to mason's house but she had said it was better on a weekend.

I'm happy but I am still nervous about the weekend coming because this would be my very first sleepover at a friend's.

But I wasn't so worried because I knew mason was a genuine person and he wouldn't hurt me, at least I hope.

"so Friday after school right? Can't wait" mason squealed.

"yh, I think we would come to my place together and then i'll get my stuff and we will leave for yours after, sounds good?"

Mason nods happily.

I smile at him.

"alright see you tomorrow"

"byeeee" he waves at me.

It's great having a friend.

Ping

I feel my phone vibrate from a notification in my pocket, I take it out, a message from...

Mira??

Ah geez, I seem to always forget to message her when it comes to mind. Okay, maybe it was only once or twice it came to mind.

Mira:
hi Luke, how are you doing?

Me:
Good
You?

I press the send button. I really hope she wasn't angry.

Ping

She sends another message almost immediately,

Mira:
I'm alright
What are you up to?

I think for a second

Me:
Uh, I'm on my way back home

Mira:
It not okay to use your phone on the road

Me:
Well, I guess.

Mira:
Message me when you get home then

Me:
Okay

I'm not good at sending emojis so I send a simple smiling emoji. That should do.

She replies with the same smiling emoji.

This was nice.

Mum is the first person I see when I enter the house, I really didn't expect her to be home though.

I greet her and I'm about to ask her how she is doing when i notice she has a frown on her face and she speaks up,

"what happened yesterday?"

Uhh

"about what mum?"

She looks up at me

"what did you say to your sister?"

Wow, here I was thinking not to burden my mom with what happened but Paige had gone ahead to whine all about it.

"it's nothing to worry about mum" I say as I move closer to her but she gestures for me to stop with her hand.

"so after everything your dad did to us, you... you wish she was the one who left instead? How could you say such a thing Luke?"

"I, I didn't mean anything I said mum. I was just angry"

I say in my defense.

"that's not an excuse Luke, she is your sister and you have no right to talk to her that way, at all."

"what? Mom! Don't you know what she did to me, what she has been doing?"

"I don't want to know L_"

"of course, you don't want to, you never want to. All you care about is what she has to say not me. She hurt me, so many times and I kept quiet about it, don't you care about me too, don't I matter one bit?"

I say cutting her off with tears running down my eyes,

I look up to her expecting her to say something,anything but she stays quiet.

"of course you are not going to say anything, what was I thinking"

"L_"

I don't wait to hear what she says as I run out the door.

I kept running

And crying.

I thought she would understand, why wasn't anyone seeing from my point of view, why was I made the bad guy, the one to take the blame?

Why?

Back at Luke's house,

Andrew was watching the whole time the conversation between his mom and younger brother.

As Luke runs out, he walks up to their mom and lays a hand on her shoulder and says,

"I'll go check on him mum"

And he walks out the house, heading in the direction his brother ran off in.

He knew, he knew all too well how hurt Luke was but he also knew what was at stake if he wasn't respecting the fact that Paige was truly older than Luke but she was already taking it too far and he didn't know how long he could hold in the guilt of the fact that he was letting this happen.

His brother was hurt and he was also getting hurt in turn but what should he do?

It's  too big of a risk or was it?

stuffs about to go down people.

what do you guys think is the reason why andrew acts like he's walking on egg shells concerning what is going on with Luke and Paige?

comments guys

and pleaseeeeeee, vote.

love and appreciate you all

ola