chapter 4

Mira joined us for lunch and it wasn't so bad. I didn't talk at all so she and mason had all the conversation. Apparently, she said she'd text me later. I didn't get why she was so adamant on talking to me. It was a little unsettling.

Mason didn't know much about me, literally all he knew was that I was an extreme introvert. He's also never asked me about my family or anything so I wasn't worried whether she was in cohorts with mason on trying to get me 'fixed'.

Some months back, someone had told me that I was broken. I didn't understand and maybe I don't still do but it wasn't a topic I was willing to ponder on.

I hated people knowing stuff about me, I hated questions and most of all, I hated trust, I hated relationships, friendship, everything. They were up to no good, they were a waste of time and emotions. People always used each other and they always wanted something in return. People wanted someone they could control, someone they could put the blame on, I just hated everything.

"hey, what are you doing?"

Paige?

I didn't even hear her come in. Doesn't she respect privacy and she would always shout at others to knock.

Talk about laying examples.

"what's wrong?" I answer her sitting up from my bed

"mom said she won't be coming home tonight"

"why?"

"don't ask me dumb questions, I just wanted to tell you that you'd be preparing dinner and I have to go to the mall with my friends and I won't be back until later."

"but you're supposed to prepare dinner and you're not supposed to be out after 7pm"

"it's none of your business mister-do-what-mummy-says and I'm the older one, whatever I tell you to do, you do it" she says moving closer to me

"but it's your job and you could just ask me nicely to help you out"
"uh, ask you nicely? Who do you think you are uh? When I tell you something you do it."

She says again poking her finger into my chest.

As I'm about to say something in my defense again, she says

"I swear I'll slap you Luke if you tell me one more time how it's my job"

She then walks out.

She is always unfair and that's how she pushes her chores to me everytime our mom isn't home, it makes me sad honestly and I can never talk to our mum about it.

The first time I reported her to out mum and she got punished, she blamed me for it and she burnt the chemistry project I'd been working on for weeks, just two days to submission. I had a bad grade for it and I was punished at school.

The second time, she had ripped my favorite black big sweaters that's I had saved for almost a year. She'd told me I didn't deserve anything good.

Paige hated me more than an enemy and I could never figure

out why.

It was 10:16 when Mira's message came in, Paige had come

back almost an hour ago and shed told me how she would have made my life miserable if I hadn't prepared dinner.

Unknown:

Hey

                                                                                                                                                                                                Me:

                                                                                                                                                                                       Hi there

Unknown:

How are you

I actually didn't expect you to be awake cause mason told me you always slept early

Of course mason would tell her.

                                                                                                                                                                                                Me:

                                                                                                                                                     Well, I'm still awake so...

Unknown:

That's good, I guess.

So how long have you been going to our school cause its only

mason I know and he said you guys have been friends for

quite sometime.

                                                                                                                                                                                                Me:

                                                                              Well for a year now. Um, I was actually heading to bed now

Unknown:

Oh cool, goodnight then

Have a good rest

                                                                                                                                                                                                Me:

                                                                                                                                                            Thanks. Uh, you too.

I wasn't an early sleeper at all. The earliest I've ever gone to

sleep was 2am. I always had trouble sleeping, whether it was from overthinking or nightmares from past events.

Tonight, I got thinking about why Mira had asked for my number, I didn't ask mason how she had approached him either. 

hi guys, do you think luke is overreacting about the whole thing with mira or not. please comment and have a nice evening. thank you for reading.

please also kindly vote.