Chapter 8: River of tears

AN: I have to give a warning once again, this is not a Raya end up together fic, my story does have Priya feeling guilty for what she did unlike in the show, but she has to face the reality and the consequences of hurting the people she loved. Especially Ram and Akshay. So if you think Priya did not do anything wrong, then this chapter and honestly this story is not for you.Sorry for the rant, happy reading:)) 

---------------------------------------------------------

Priya sighed with a heavy heart as she left the school building, with her criminal record they would not hire her. If Priya could never get a job, she had no idea how they will get their own place, for now they were staying in a good shelter. In the past, they had not been as lucky and unfortunately stayed at some bad places which they ran away from quickly. This is not the life Pihu deserves.

Priya is so lost in her own thoughts that she crashes into her cousin Akshay, she gasps in surprise as she snaps out of her thoughts and their eyes meet. She can see his eyes flicker from annoyance to the most shattered look he gives her. Akshay moves away quickly from her, as if she had burned him.

"Akki"

Akshay who had been looking at the ground instead of her, turned his face towards her, his jaw clenched. For the first time in her life had she seen him look at her with pure hatred, and her chest felt heavy.

"Don't call me that, only my loved ones get to call me that" Akshay answered sharply before he walked away quicky

"Akshay" she said walking after him until he turned around

"What more do you want from me, Mrs. Sood. Have you not already taken everything from me?" he asked with tense shoulders, his voice bitter

"I'm sorry about Shivi" she said her tears falling from her eyes, Priya see him take a step forward as if he was going to wipe her tears.

"Don't mention her name again, you are the woman who denied her justice and her family to know what truly happened. By doing so you have denined for us to ever be able to move on, to find peace with her death. Because we will never know what happened." Akshay said as his voice broke as he remembers the most painfull day of his life.

"I keep thinking if I had never married her, perhaps she would be alive today. I should kept all of you Sood's away from her, because your darkness killed my shivi. When I lost shivi, instead of you as my sister standing by me you decided to break our trust. I believed in you Priya, more than anyone in this world. Even Shivi knew that I would sacrifice our love for you. Ram and I, the two of us lost our sister and wife on the same night. You used to say Mr.Sood was a monster, but what about you? You left only destruction behind you. Guess the apple did not fall far from the three" he said bitterly, his eyes red from tears.

"Akshay, I'm so sorry" she said placing her hand on his shoulder, trying to comfort him

Akshay laughed bitterly "You might not have killed Shivi, but you stabbed me and Ram when we already bleeding. I can't speak for him, but I have not been able to sleep the last five years. Every day I remember her dying, I remember you saying it was you who pushed her, but Ram and I know you were lying. That you could lie about Shivi dying, guess being a criminal run in the bloods for you Sood's." Akshay said walking away, and all Priya could do was watch his shadow leave her just like she left him five years ago.

Priya understood at that moment, that no matter how guilty she felt and even if she spent the rest of her life apologizing things will never be the same. Akshay will never love her like he did once, will not believe in her like he did. Priya had broken his heart, not her father and not her fate. That was all on her, she had made the choice five years ago and she must live with the consequences of her own choices. 

A/N : Sorry for any typos. Would love to know your thoughts :)